Chewsday Challenge Formula D League STANDINGS/INFORMATION thread

• 8 Replies

Tempest

• Boom!
    • View Profile
Alright, so I am going to use this space to keep all the league standings and driver information. If you would like to discuss the rules, league play in general, or have any questions, please post them in the discussion thread, currently located here: http://forums.saskgames.com/index.php?topic=2550.0 The rules as presented in the first post will be the official league rules.

Racers, please either post your car specs (you may use the default build if you prefer) in the thread above or send them to me via private message. Once I have looked them over, I'll put them up here for sake of reference. Looking forward to getting started next Tuesday! (That will be June 25th)

At this point in time, since there are only five racers, teams will be one driver only. If we get 8 or more people we will have proper teams. 8 or 10 racers will mean 4 teams of 2, and 5 teams of 2 respectively; 9 racers will be split up into 3 teams of 3.

I am currently working out some final details for the street races, which there should be 1 or 2 of. Details to come within the next 24 hours on that.

Race 1: Hockenheimring (Standard rules) June 25th
Race 2: Chicago (Street Race) OR Race City (Street Race) July 30th August 6th
Race 3: The Docks (Street Race) or Sebring (Standard rules) August 27th
Race 4: Valencia (Standard rules) or Buddh September 24th

Please note that dates are not final; I will make every reasonable effort to accommodate as many racers as is possible. The goal is to have every race at the end of every month. If a certain date does not work, please notify myself and I will get in touch with everyone involved to find out the best possible date for rescheduling. If we can not find a date to reschedule, you may have a substitute driver take your place.

Standings:
Drivers
1st: Flash Crashen - 32 pts
2nd: Rusty Shakleford - 23 pts
3rd: Becky - 19 pts
3rd: Goggles Pizano - 19 pts
5th: Ashling Wynn - 15 pts
6th: Ricky Bobby - 11 pts
7th: Trent - 3 pts
8th: Craftybernardo - 2 pts

Teams:
1st: Red Team (Bryce and Cory) - 53 pts
2nd: Bash Bros. (Chris and Tyler, yellow team) - 42 pts
3rd: Blue Team (Damien and Becky) - 34pts
4th: White Team (Brent and Trent) - 4 pts
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 10:59:33 PM by Tempest »
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Tempest

• Boom!
    • View Profile
Re: Chewsday Challenge Formula D League STANDINGS/INFORMATION thread
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 03:54:10 AM »
Race One Recap
It was a great turnout! We had six of our League Racers ready and rearing to go! The other four spots were filled by four rogue racers who despite being new to the track turned out to be formidable adversaries; they certainly added to the chaos which *I* personally appreciate. So a big thank you to Roxanne, Jason, Graham and Darrel for jumping in. You're definitely welcome to participate again if you'd like to be a replacement driver or if you'd like to flesh out the ranks if we're short again! :)

The random pole position went as such:
#1: Becky (Picks blue for team)
#2: Bryce (Picks red for team)
#3: Damien
#4: Jason (Picks green for team)
#5: Graham
#6: Darrel (Picks white for team)
#7: Cory
#8: Chris (Picks yellow for team)
#9: Tyler
#10: Roxanne

We had a clean start; no one jumped ahead, and there were no stalls. Shortly thereafter there was a lot of clutter and Ashling and Jason collided, leaving a piece of Jason's car behind in the dust. Everyone made it out safely of the first turn and into a giant cluster in the second which saw Rusty taking some damage. Next, as Chris, Bryce and Darrel fought for the lead, Goggles' car took a hit when all three met up.  As Ashling tried to catch up to the pack, he shot through a curve and lost a big chunk of his tires and had to use up some brakes. Rusty wasn't far behind but in his effort to catch up he caught the part of Goggles' car that fell off earlier. As Ashling caught up to the main pack, he bumped into Flash Crashen and made took a piece of his car with him. At about the same time Ricky Bobby crashed into Roxanne and took a bit of a fender bender. Flash' car took it's third hit as he fought for dominance with Darrel just before the pit stop; immediately afterwards, Flash, Jason and Darrel all made it into the pits and got refreshed for the second lap. Meanwhile, Becky suffered from some engine problems as she frantically tried to catch up in fifth gear. As the main pack continued to establish their lead, Goggles, Roxanne and Rusty all made it into their respective pits. As Becky started to close the distance, her tires gave out but she managed to keep control of her car before she made it into the pits.

As the second lap progressed, the dreaded "Bernie Ecclestone Kurve" (Turn 2) continued to devour the racers' tires, this time claiming the majority of Flash Crashen's tire compliment, and a good chunk of Goggles'. As the engines started burning up in the straightaway, Darrel's engine couldn't cope and overheated. In a last ditch effort, he shot through the Bernie Ecclestone in an attempt to cause some damage to Jason, but came up short as his tires gave out and he crashed off the course. Luckily, he was not injured for his stunt. As the back pack attempted to catch up in the straightaway, Roxanne and Ashling both took some heat to their engine, but managed to continue driving although Ashling couldn't avoid some debris from the previous lap. Things were pretty calm for a good portion of the race at this point as everyone was trying carefully to preserve what they could of their cars, although the dreaded Spitzkehre hairpin (turn 3) took a big chunk of Graham's tires as he made an effort to gain position. A little while later, he was eliminated as he caught a piece of another driver's car in his axle and spun out of control. It was neck and neck for Ashling and Rusty in the final curve as they battled for fourth place; Rusty managed to push his car to the limits and pull ahead. There were a few other minor collisions, but everyone managed to complete the race in one piece.

Final standings were:
1st: Flash Crashen
2nd: Goggles Pizano
3rd: Rogue Driver Jason
4th: Rusty Shakleford
5th: Ashling Wynn
6th: Rogue Driver Roxanne
7th: Ricky Bobby
8th: Becky
DNF: Rogue Driver Graham, Rogue Driver Darrel

Great race everyone, even those of you who crashed! You still did awesome!

Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Tempest

• Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 04:42:08 AM »
Race 2
Track: Chicago
Date: August 6th

As per the pole position rule posted in the discussion thread, pole position is awarded in reverse order of placement from the previous race. So, the first six spots will be awarded to the league racers (who all managed to finish!) in order as follows:

#1: Becky
#2: Ricky Bobby (Cory)
#3: Ashling Wynn (Damien)
#4: Rusty Shakleford (Tyler)
#5: Goggles Pizano (Chris)
#6: Flash Crashen (Bryce)

If any other drivers participate, they will randomly determine their placing among spots 7-10.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 06:26:39 PM by Tempest »

Tempest

• Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 06:26:07 PM »
Note: Changed the date on the next race to accommodate those who can't make it for the original scheduled date. I'll post it up in the appropriate Chewsday Challenge thread when it is created.

Tempest

• Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 10:31:37 PM »
Race 2 Recap
Race Two: Chicago Street Race
Results:
1st Place: Wendy (Replacement driver for Cory; 10 points earned for red team, though not for Cory)
2nd Place: Rusty Shakleford (8 points for Bash Bros)
3rd Place: Becky (6 points for blue team)
4th Place: Ashling Wynn (5 points for blue team)
5th Place: Flash Crashen (4 Points for red team)
6th Place: Trent (rogue racer)
DNF: Goggles Pizano (No points, but at least he went out in a blaze of glory AND survived!)
DNF: Miles (rogue racer)

Bash Bros earn 8 points
Blue Team earns 9 points
Red Team earns 14 points

Sorry, didn't go for the detailed report on this one.

Tempest

• Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 10:39:48 PM »
Race 3
Track: Street race on the Docks
Date: August 27th

Pole positions:
#1 Flash Crashen (Bryce)
#2 Ashling Wynn (Damien)
#3 Becky
#4 Tyler

Spots #5-10 will be awarded randomly among racers who didn't participate in last month's race, or who were eliminated.

Tempest

• Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 04:26:03 AM »
Race 3 Recap
Race Three: Street Race on the Docks
Results:
1st Place: Bryce (10 points for red team)
2nd Place: Becky (8 points for blue team, way to go!)
3rd Place: Ashling Wynn (6 points for blue team, crashed and injured after finish line :( )
4th Place: Rusty Shakleford (5 points for Bash Bros)
5th Place: Rogue driver Brodie (racing under the green flag)
6th Place: Rickybobby (3 points for red team)
7th Place: Craftybernardo ( 2 points for newly formed white team)
8th Place: Goggles Pizano (1 Point for Bash Bros)
9th Place: Rogue driver Jessie (racing for team green, no points earned)
10th Place: Rogue driver Jordan (Racing for team white, no points earned)

It was an interesting race on an interesting track. Flash Crashen and Craftybernardo got off to a strong start; Flash kept it going the entire race with Ashling and Becky close behind while Bernardo ran into some bad luck on the second lap and fell short on a couple turns too many which cut down on what looked to be an impressive lead. It was still an AWESOME performance by a first-time racer, and there's no doubt he'll put up a strong showing in next month's Championship Race. There wasn't much competition for the top 3 spots; Flash, Ashling and Becky had too strong of a lead. The rest of the pack wasn't too far behind though, as the rest of the positions were in hot contention. As Ricky Bobby was about to reach the finish line, Rusty Shakleford was able to catch a bit of luck and slammed his car into sixth gear for the first time all race (just about everyone else was managing to push their engine all race!) and snuck past him and across the finish line. Everyone else was close behind and for once, all the drivers completed the race without running into any "unfortunate accidents". Of course, after the race was officially over, Ashling Wynn ran out of car and ran headfirst into the guard rail. Not wanting him to feel completely alone in such an embarrassing act, Crafty Bernardo followed suit as the charred remains of his car hobbled through the turn after the finish line. He managed to escape any harm though, thankfully.

Tempest

• Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 04:30:19 AM »
Race 4 *Championship Race*
Track: Valencia or Buddh (screenshots to come in discussion thread hopefully soon)
Pending Date: Sept. 24th

Pole Positions:
#1: Goggles Pizano (Chris)
#2: Craftybernardo (Brent)
#3: Ricky Bobby (Cory)
#4: Rusty Shakleford (Tyler)
#5: Becky
#6: Flash Crashen (Bryce)
#7-10: Will be awarded through dice roll. As mentioned, since Ashling Wynn suffered an injury, he is out of the race, so his current racer standings are final. Damien may of course race for the blue team still as a "replacement driver" in order to still contribute to his team's overall score. He will unfortunately have to roll for position at back of the pack along with any potential rogue racers.

Tempest

• Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 11:02:56 PM »
Championship Race Recap
Track: Valencia (Classic rules)
Date: Oct. 1

1st Place: Goggles Pizano (Chris)
2nd Place: Flash Crashen (Bryce)
3rd Place: Ricky Bobby (Cory)
4th Place: Rusty Shakleford (Tyler)
5th Place: Becky
6th Place: Trent
Did not finish: Damien, Brent

My brain's fried, I don't have a lot of commentary for this one right now XD