Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - July 9, 2013 (18:00)

Started by ChadBoudreau, June 14, 2013, 04:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChadBoudreau

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

:excited Click HERE for Important Information about these events :excited

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Marc Bendig
THIS WEEK'S GAME HOST: Dana Tillusz
THIS WEEK'S FEATURE GAME: A la Carte

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g :excited
GAME: A la Carte
TEACHER: Dana Tillusz
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 30 Minutes
PLAYERS 6
First Game (6:30)
1. Dana Tillusz

Second Game of A la Carte (7:15)
1. Dana Tillusz
2. GreyLurker
3. Jason

GAME: Cinque Terre
TEACHER: Matt Robertson
START TIME: 18:30
DURATION: 90 Minutes
PLAYERS...
1. Matt Robertson
2. Tempest
3. Chad Boudreau
4. Bellis

GAME: Twilight Struggle
TEACHER: Mark Macza
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 60 Minutes
STUDENTS (No Limit)
1. Bricktown
2. Rosencrantz
3. Qwijybo
4. parkermech
Mark Macza, organizer of the Chewsday Challenge Twilight Struggle League, is going to teach Twilight Struggle, an intense two-player game set during the Cold War. Sign-up if you want to learn the basics of the game. School starts at 6:30.

GAME: Legendary: A Marvel Deck-Building Game
TEACHER: Tempest
START TIME: 8:30
DURATION: 60 Minutes
PLAYERS 5
1. Tempest
2. Dana Tillusz
3. ColinL

*****   TWILIGHT STRUGGLE LEAGUE NIGHT  *****

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.

Dana_Tillusz

In one of his sillier games, Karl-Heinz Schmiel casts the players as semi-psychotic cooks attempting to hone their culinary skills. Each player receives a miniature pan and a hotplate. Then each turn you can either attempt to turn up the heat, season your dish, or attempt to steal another cook's recipe in the making. Heating your hotplate is a random affair with a die, and could raise the heat on everyone's plate. Spicing the dish is heart of the game and done by up-ending small bottles filled with little colored wood pellets. When the pellets tumble out of the bottle (sometimes, if they do), the number of pellets can't exceed two, because over-spicing the dish ruins it and you have to throw it in the trash!

BGG link: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/217/a-la-carte
Snikt!

Bix Conners

Kathy and I vacationed in Europe this past spring and were fortunate enough to spend 5 glorious days in Cinque Terre. Having been there, I had to buy the game. :)

BGG Link

The Cinque Terre are five coastal villages in the Liguria region of Italy known for their beauty, culture, food, and proximity to one another. Produce carts are commonly found in each village marketplace.

In Cinque Terre, a game of strategy, players compete to sell the most valuable produce in the five villages. Players act as farmers and operate a cart in which they will harvest produce and deliver them to the five villages to sell. Additionally, players will compete for Produce Order cards, which reward Lira points for selling desirable produce in specific villages. Players track sold produce in each village using their Fulfillment Cards. The winner is the player who gains the most Lire by selling valuable produce, gaining popularity in the villages, and fulfilling Produce Orders.

NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

Mark M

We've been playing a Twilight Struggle League on Tuesdays. In an effort to gain more players i will be teaching the game this Tuesday. So if you've been at all interested now is the chance to sign up to learn to play. The rules really are quite simple to learn for such a deep strategy game.
On BGG, it's the no 1 rated strategy game, the no 1 rated war game (even though it's not a war game) and simply the no 1 rated game. If you're interested in strategy games it's something you should try out.

ChadBoudreau

QuoteWe've been playing a Twilight Struggle League on Tuesdays. In an effort to gain more players i will be teaching the game this Tuesday. So if you've been at all interested now is the chance to sign up to learn to play.

What time did you want to start the learning session, Mark?

Bricktown

I wouldn't mind learning twilight struggle.  From the reviews it seems to be a good game.
Always open to trades, check out my collection

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/BrickTown

Tempest

I'll try out cinque terre. I'll also have a goody bag of who-knows-what games.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

ChadBoudreau

Just realized I'm not the Ambassador or the Game Teacher so I'm going to sign up for Cinque Terre.

Mark M

Rosencrantz

I've been wanting to learn Twilight Struggle.  Sign me up, please.
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." - Archimedes