ComicReaders Downtown - Warhammer Fantasy Escalation League - Season 2

• 238 Replies

RobertP

• View Profile
Re: ComicReaders Downtown - Warhammer Fantasy Escalation League - Season 2
« Reply #230 on: October 16, 2013, 11:50:58 AM »
I posted a little bit about the trials and tribulations of the steam tank.  See the post here (tournament thread):
http://forums.saskgames.com/index.php?topic=2985.0

I also though it would be good to post about my army.  I will do so here:

Get to know The Empire; Robert’s story of his Empire Army.

The Empire army that I am modeling and painting is from Middenland.  I choose Middenland for their colour scheme, blue on light blue.  The Empire is not a single minded body but rather made up of numerous groups.  The main groups would be the 13 provincial standing armies and the armies that guard the 3 city states.  However, additional groups also have standing armies such as various towns, temples and knightly orders.  The elector count of Middenland is Graf Boris Todbringer.  He has direct control of the provincial army of Middenland and the city state army of Middenheim.  In addition Todbringer may request troops from the temple of Ulric or the Knighly Order of the White Wolf which both have a residence in Middenheim.  When making my army I tried to incorporate these groups into my force as if there is some kind of combined, allied force. 

The people of Middenland endure a hard northern life.  It is cold and their province is nearly entirely covered in the Drakwald forest.  Middenland soldiers hone their fighting skills culling the beasts that dwell in the Drakwald forest.  They prefer close combat over the use of black powder weapons.  Middenlanders tend to worship the god Ulric, the god of winter and wolves, rather than the traditional god of The Empire, Sigmar. 

I have included units from the neighboring province of Hochland (famous for the sniping, Hochland Long Rifle) and units from the Emperor’s home province of Reikland.  Both these provenience boarder Middenland.  If a steam tank is included into my army list  ;) I would think that it would be on lone from Reikland.  Due to its value, I would feel that the Emperor would only allow it on the battle field if it would be accompanied by Reikland soldiers!

Middenland, province – colours blue on light blue
Middenheim, city state – colours blue on white
Hochland, province - colours red and green
Reikland, province - colour white, home of the emperor Karl Franz
Temple of Ulric – colours blue on white, yellow shields with a red wolf
White Wolf, knightly order – most pictures depict them with red, they wield great hammers, cover themselves in wolf pelts and do no ware helms, they are likely to worship Ulric
Knights Panther, knightly order – colour blue with exotic animal skins, don’t worship any god
Reisksguard Knights, knightly order – most pictures depict this knightly order’s colour with white and red.  These look like your traditional knights and are the personal guard of the emperor Karl Franz.

Thanks for reading!

Edited to include link.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 11:54:19 AM by RobertP »

Prince of Arnheim

• View Profile
  • Name: Maeson Livingston
« Reply #231 on: October 16, 2013, 06:26:12 PM »
Cool Rob, it is great to have a themed army instead of a mish mash of all the best units,your background story makes sense with having defenders of Middenheim from all the over the Empire.

I am thinking of doing something similar to explain my army(which is a mish mash of all the different clans except Clan Moulder) so I can narrate how Thanquol has gathered his force.

Apparently there is going to be a new Warhammer expansion being released next month which will have rules for multiplayer battles.  :thumb-up Might be a good way to add flavor to the upcoming players league.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 01:57:22 PM by Prince of Arnheim »

Lareina

« Reply #232 on: October 20, 2013, 09:27:47 PM »
Thanks to everyone that came out!

Tournament Results:
Best General: Justin - Bretonnia
Best Combined: Chris - Vampire Counts
Best Sportsman: Mark - Warriors of Chaos
Best Painted: Robert - Empire

Pictures will be posted when I get a chance to pull them off my phone and then send them to Chad.

Next ComicReaders Escalation League: Warhammer 40k in January 2014
Next ComicReaders Fantasy Escalation League: July 2014

Player's league starting up pretty soon, so please visit this thread for discussion: http://forums.saskgames.com/index.php?topic=3012.0

League Results:
Top 3
Maeson - Skaven
Chris - Vampire Counts
Nathan - High Elves
The above players cannot play these armies for the next Fantasy Escalation.

Players that were unable to play armies from last time can again play that army again.
Chris - Ogres
Mike - Ogres
Robert - Beastmen
Justin - Orcs and Goblins
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 09:34:46 PM by Lareina »

Allan Luesink

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 20, 2013, 10:30:29 PM »
Had  a good day at the tourney.  Learning lots about High Elves.  Thanks Lareina (and Rob) for the work you put in in setting things up.

So I thought I was missing my teardrop template.  Turns out, no, I had ALL my templates in my clear bag and didn't see them (this does not look good on me!  :P).  In the end I got home and realized I now had 2 complete sets of templates (teardrop, small & large round).  So if you're missing your templates (Devin maybe?), I think I have them.

Ootsie.   :D

RobertP

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 21, 2013, 05:57:11 PM »
Justin may have given me back a set that I lent to him.  If so, those templates might be mine. 

Had a good time last night.  Thanks Lareina for all your volunteer work!!!  thanks ComicReaders for the space!

RobertP

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 23, 2013, 09:02:37 AM »
Hey guys,

Cleaned up how prize support will work this year, it'll be issued as a store gift card to be used on GW products only (citadel paints, primer and brushes included)), no longer do you need to figure out the fiddly details of "how much is this on the website?" Just put it towards whatever you want to get, then pay the remainder, or squirrel away the remainder on the gift card. They -shouldn't- expire if we do it this way.

This came from Lareina this morning and I am greatly pleased with the change!  It will be much easier to use the prize money! Thanks Lareina and Chad for this change.   

squalie

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 29, 2013, 10:24:18 PM »
Where was this posted?

Excellent, awesome change!!  Go team Comic Readers!!

Lareina

« Reply #237 on: October 30, 2013, 02:29:28 PM »
Where was this posted?

Somewhere, where the rule is "No Dons allowed"  :neener

Actually it was just a private message that I sent to the winners once I discussed with Chad about it.

RobertP

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 30, 2013, 08:28:09 PM »
Where was this posted?

Somewhere, where the rule is "No Dons allowed"  :neener

Actually it was just a private message that I sent to the winners once I discussed with Chad about it.

... and I asked first before posting!    :D