Warhammer Fantasy, ideas for the next league

• 15 Replies

Gallagher

• View Profile
Re: Warhammer Fantasy, ideas for the next league
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2013, 08:46:16 AM »
I am hoping to play in the league no matter the format. However, I agree with Robs comment that a campaign would be cool maybe even one with a possible siege thrown in. I also recognize that it would take a lot more time and energy from the people running it. I leave it in your very competent hands.

squalie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2013, 10:21:48 PM »
I'm in.

- There needs to be a fee. It promotes a sense of commitment.
- I'm good for 2500
- The only thing I would suggest to make non negotiable is the army you're playing ...that's it.  Make as many changes as many times as you see fit.  Try out new units, weapons, items, builds as many times as you please during the league.  When you sign up for a league, you sign up an army - not a list.  Enjoy your hobby and have fun with it.  Play a special character if you feel - try to do it for fluff reasons.
- Play as many games as humanly possible.  Not much sense in starting a hobby and be limited in how often you can enjoy it.
- We are playing to have fun.  I totally expect you to show up with a Steam Tank.  try not to have 2.  ;)

Anyways, let's just have fun and keep it as simple as I'm too old to remember a bunch of rules anyways. :D

Prince of Arnheim

• View Profile
  • Name: Maeson Livingston
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2013, 10:24:55 PM »
I agree with all above said points, more fun games makes for a better league.

RobertP

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2013, 09:25:51 PM »
I will likely roll out some rules similar to the "spring ladder league (2012)" pretty soon.  Don will be providing assistance similar to the spring league.   

Prince of Arnheim

• View Profile
  • Name: Maeson Livingston
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2013, 04:10:50 PM »
When is the league likely to start up Rob? Can we start playing games soooooon?

RobertP

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2013, 06:02:31 AM »
Go Ahead and get started playing.  I will create a new forum topic and get things posted tonight (I hope). The main rule is that you'll have to select one army to use.  You can change your list as much as you want and play other scenarios.