Magic: Invitational Modern Masters Draft: ComicReaders Downtown

Started by ChadBoudreau, May 29, 2013, 10:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChadBoudreau

Update: I've begun to add to the original post the schedule details because some players have registered and pre-paid. As per that updated information... This will be updated as players register and pre-pay. Only players that have pre-paid are listed. If you have selected a date but have not pre-paid, you could be bumped by another player. Pods will only play if 8 people are registered and pre-paid. Players that are in a pod that gets cancelled can reschedule.

Mark

I would love to play in any of the following events(sadly I am gone the bulk of June):

July 7
July 21
July 28
August 4
August 11

ChadBoudreau

I've updated the original post to add a section called "Prizes".

Jason Doan

Blargh....Of course, now I have this Sunday free...any chance a second draft will go, or a regular draft maybe?

Tempest

I think these events were meant to go side-by-side regular events, yes? If so, I should be able to make it down tomorrow/today.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

ChadBoudreau

Quotelargh....Of course, now I have this Sunday free...any chance a second draft will go, or a regular draft maybe?

The regular draft / sealed events that we do on Sundays still happen even if Modern Masters is on the go. So come on down for regular draft, Jason.

Tempest

Oh, it seems circumstances get in my way this time.  Have fun!
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

ChadBoudreau

Based on feedback from our players, I have increased the price of the event from $40 to $45 (after tax) and have added Dragon's Maze packs to the prizes. The Dragon's Maze prize pool will be distributed to players based on their standings.

Anyone that has pre-paid $40 for their event but have not yet played in their event will have to pay the additional $5 either before or on the day of their event.

bradleighton

not a fan of the way you guys handled this- been going to reader's for 20 years and played Magic for 12 of those years and I can't participate because I'm not a current active player. Way to alienate your clients.

ChadBoudreau

Quotenot a fan of the way you guys handled this- been going to reader's for 20 years and played Magic for 12 of those years and I can't participate because I'm not a current active player. Way to alienate your clients.

Brad, as per an earlier post on this forum, ComicReaders Downtown is inviting back "veterans" for a draft event in July or August. You are, in fact, on that list, as well as some other players that we know used to play here but no longer do so for one reason or another. So keep your eyes on this forum (or feel free to inquire at the store) for future news.

That said, I wish I could hold draft events for everyone in the community that wanted to take part, but Wizards of the Coast, makers of MTG, made this a limited product, which means there is not enough for everyone. That is why I chose to celebrate our current, active players (and veterans) and not make it available for sale for anyone that walked in off the street. This product is so limited I had someone call me from Calgary wanting to buy a box!

Feedback from our players has been very positive thus far. I feel I made the right decision. But I knew that whatever decision I made would not please everyone. That was bound to happen with such a limited and highly sought after product. I hope you continue to be a friend of ComicReaders Downtown, Brad, and I hope I see you at the veterans event.

Cheers

Chad Boudreau
Manager, ComicReaders Downtown