Magic: Calgary Grand Prix Trial: ComicReaders Downtown: Saturday, June 29, 2013

Started by ChadBoudreau, May 27, 2013, 09:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChadBoudreau

Magic: The Gathering - Calgary Grand Prix Trial

DESCRIPTION
Grand Prix are the biggest open events run around the world, attracting hundreds of Magic players to battle for prizes and glory in a festival atmosphere. The Calgary Grand Prix is scheduled for July 26 - 28, 2013.

The Calgary Grand Prix Trial hosted at ComicReaders Downtown on Saturday, June 29, 2013 is a chance to win a three-round bye to Grand Prix Calgary.

Format of the Grand Prix Trial is Standard.

Deck lists are required.

If you are not planning to attend the Calgary Grand Prix you are still welcome to play in this event. The event will be Swiss Pairings. At the end of regular play (number of rounds dictated by number of players) we will pay out prizes (Dragon's Maze boosters to players with winning records). The Top 8 players will move into a Playoff. The winner of the Playoff receives the byes for the Calgary Grand Prix.

If you are in the Top 8 and are not planning to attend the Calgary Grand Prix, you will be asked to give up your spot in the Top 8 so that a player attending the Calgary Grand Prix is given the opportunity to win the top prize.

DATE & TIME
Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 10:00am

The time the event ends depends on the number of players that attend. ComicReaders Downtown will remain open for players after the store closes to the general public at 5pm.

COST
$5

EVENT ATTENDANCE LIMITS
None.

Pre-registration is not required.

ADDITIONAL DETAILS
This event requires a Level 1 (or higher) Judge. If you are a Level 1 (or higher) Judge, please contact ComicReaders Downtown via this forum or 306-779-0900. The Judge(s) of the event are not allowed to play in the event.

Jason Doan

I believe Fergus is the only local person currently accredited to be a judge.

ChadBoudreau

Ha! He is the one person I know and the one person everyone names when I mention we need a Judge. So we better all be super nice to Fergus so we can have this event!  :)

Blake

Attached is a digital decklist registration sheet. You can fill out the PDF digitally and print it off or save it and email it in if that's something you want to accept Chad. Also, this seems like a good impetus to get my L1 so maybe I'll look into doing that.

ChadBoudreau

Thanks, Blake! Is there a link to this file online? If so, I'll post it with my Facebook post.

Blake

Sure, we can do that with Google docs: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2Ne9V6AAKPMaGktTmFfR3VNN2s

Also, I just looked into it and to become an L1 judge you need to have a test administered by an L2 or higher judge. There are zero L2 or higher judges in Saskatchewan. As for your GPT, there are 2 L1 judges in Saskatchewan. Fergus, of course, and someone named Byron Calver who lives in Saskatoon. So those are your options.

ChadBoudreau