Scars of Mirrodin ****SPOILERS****

Started by Jason Doan, September 04, 2010, 09:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest

How exactly does this let you drop a 3rd or 4th turn eldrazi?
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Jason Doan

Ok, 3rd doesn't work without serious Christmasland nonsense happening, but turn 4 is fine...Turn 1, Island, 1 drop blue creature...Turn 2, Island, Two 1 Drop Blue/Artifact creatures...Turn 3, any untapped Land, Grand Architect, Tap 3 Blue Creatures, Play and artifact creature or 2...Turn 4, Land, Let's say you have 3 Blue creatures and an artifact creature, Pay 1 to make the artifact creature Blue, Tap the 4 creatures and 3 other lands for 11 mana, Play Ulamog.

Edit....I'm dumb, eldrazi aren't artifacts...Play Darksteel Colossus are something dumb like that instead.

Wojo

Definitly looking forward to searching up brittle effigies with trinket mages. Especially with the help of Venser. Now all we need is mulldrifter.

Jason Doan

Depending on what bomby gigantic artifacts are yet to be spoiled (or may be coming in later sets), I could see this seeing play in constructed...and once again it should be a house in limited, allowing you to easily find your win conditions while being a pretty good beatstich on it's own.

Holy crap, is that a playable red Planeswalker?

Jason Doan

Dissipation Field  2UU
Enchantment
Whenever a permanent deals damage to you, return it to it's owner's hand.

Pretty cool, a 4 mana 5/5, that's pretty far above the curve.

Tempest

Go cat sideboob. Ew. Seriously though, Stoneforge Mystic just made a new best friend.

Also, this. I'm meh'ing on this one. If it costs 8 mana, I want it to be bogardan hellkite. Just sayin'.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Jason Doan

Now we just need something that says "Every time you play an equipment, draw a card" and we can have a new enchantress deck.

Tempest

Myrball is made of lulz. I really want there to be a legendary Myr now.

Jason Doan

Ya, I can't wait to crack one of these first pack of a draft and then scoop up every other myr I see...RAWR!

Jason Doan

First up today here's one we don't have the art for yet...

Exsanguinate XBB
Sorcery
Uncommon

Each opponent loses X life. You gain life equal to the life lost this way.

Woot.  Awesome multiplayer card is awesome.

Let's see, a strictly better shock, I wonder if it will see any play.

Sad that they can't reprint the original Masticore so that I could use my FtV copy, but this guy is actually better...could even go in a burn deck with Galvanic Blast.

Not going to lie, pretty thrilled this new Aven Mindcensor isn't in Standard right now as it would kill my conscription deck.  This guy will spend the next year making life a pain for people playing to many fetchlands and not enough removal...not to mention annoying people trying to go off with Stoneforge Mystics and Trinket Mages.