Warhammer Fantasy Ladder League (spring, 2013)

• 281 Replies

RobertP

• View Profile
Re: Warhammer Fantasy Ladder League (spring, 2013)
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2013, 10:00:38 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Lareina.  Good to see most people want to keep playing. 

I will be updating the situation with the league shortly. 

Neil and I planned a game for tomorrow.  So it will be my first attempt at 2500pts of Empire vs his orcs. 

RobertP

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2013, 12:00:08 AM »
Neil gave me a good thumping today with his Orcs.  We got started late and had to call it before we got to it's natural end of turn 3.  At this point the game was heavily in his favor 1116/120.  We played at my house and neither army was painted.   Neil 8pts and Rob 2. 

Neil used his list from the recent tournie.  Some of the highlights included:
- Two pistoliers stood tall and held up their flank to the overwhelming numbers of wolf riders.  They were eventually killed but had culled the number of wolf riders from 14 to 4.
- A goblin unit, moved with the hand of Gork, dropped a fanatic into the Empire battle line.  This did approximately 150pts of damage to various units.  Who said that Fanatics can't make back their points!
- The stone Trolls never missed their stupidity test but the empire spearmen did (they were stupid because of the forest).  The spearmen missed their chance to hold up the unit of Black Orcs.   

Thanks for the game Neil!

edited to include the correct point scoring.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 12:03:03 AM by RobertP »

RobertP

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2013, 12:03:11 AM »
I updated the entire league structure on page on of this thread.  This included but not limited to updating league fees (who to pay), point structure defined, the ladder, winners and prize division, and Comicreaders prize support. 

I also determined the ranking of the ladder and did this as fair as I could.  If you find yourself lower on the ladder then someone else issue a challenge and see if you can advance.  Remember that challenges carry a +1 point bonus.  Also keep in mind that you only have limited number of challenges. Final note on the ladder, that if you don't play in a month you will fall to the bottom of the ladder.  I also updated the minimum necessary to still be eligible for prizes.   

Now lets get some games out and start playing. 
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 12:06:09 AM by RobertP »

Dean Dodge

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2013, 05:37:55 PM »
ola, anyone able to play on Sunday? My house -2500 points. I'm going to use my old lizardmen to see how they go.
I live in nw Regina. 58 litzenberegr cres.
how about 12:30?

Prince of Arnheim

• View Profile
  • Name: Maeson Livingston
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2013, 06:31:40 PM »
Sorry Dean I am working on Sunday afternoon,

but anyone available tomorrow(FRI) or Saturday for a 2.5k against me Skaven?

RobertP

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2013, 02:11:49 PM »
Maeson, my Saturday plans went away.  So I now have free game time, I can play you at my house at 8PM?   

Sorry Don Sunday no good for me.

Prince of Arnheim

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2013, 02:42:11 PM »
It's a go for 8pm Rob!

Must paint 10 Plague Censor Bearers before then! :excited

Mark

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2013, 04:06:51 PM »
I am just looking at getting into the hobby(used to play my fair share of 40K back in the day) have the big rule book, Codec High elves, Codec Chaos Warriors(what I have now officially started building after much research sadly will not be at 2500 pts in the immediate future) but if anyone is playing at Comic Readers or something I would love to stop by and watch a match or 2 to get the overall flow of the game(youtube videos only get you so far)

Prince of Arnheim

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2013, 04:44:12 PM »
Hi Mark, welcome back to the hobby once again and to the exciting world of Warhammer Fantasy. I am always up for playing a smaller 1k battle to show new players the ropes. Maybe let us know how many points of Chaos Warriors you have if you know how to make an armylist which i'm sure you do. The current league is not set at 2500 points, that is just a recommendation cause most of us like that level of points as it allows for more shiny stuff. I always find that learning by doing is the best way with GW games. I will let you know when I am having a battle at Comicreaders downtown sometime and you can drop in.

RobertP

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2013, 08:35:34 AM »
Hi Mark.  Welcome!  Prince (Maeson) is correct you can play at any point level.  The current list of guys in the league all have 2500pts but if you dont' we are all flexible.  I would like to help you out with a game at CR but it doesn't look like I can make it down there until the end of April (I am working a lot in April).