Strategy Saturday - Argyle Road Baptist Church - Saturday, Jan. 12, 2013

Started by Allan Luesink, January 06, 2013, 01:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Luesink

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year!  I hope that the holidays were a time of rest and enjoyment for you all.  My Christmas was pretty laid back; it was nice to have a few days off from work.  So all in all, it was good.

Well it's a new year and a new month and time for the first 2013 edition of Strategy Saturday.  This coming Saturday the theme of our games is 'New2U'.  So if you have a game that is new-to-you (and I'm being pretty loose with what I think is new - anything you've acquired in the last 12 months) bring it out.  For me the game that I'm going to bring is Formula De.  It's not a new game but it is new to my collection.  It's a game in which players seek to race their cars around a track trying to balance speed while still maintaining control.  It's pretty cool.

We'll be in the basement of Argyle Road Baptist Church (3510 Argyle Rd) from 7pm to midnight.  As usual we'll have our snack counter open so feel free to contribute a drink or something to munch on.  And feel free to bring along friends (and to forward this email).

Hope you'll be there,

Allan
(along with Michael and Barry)

PS - February 9 - The theme will be "Introductory / Light Strategy" - think of a game that is good for all ages (eg. Settlers of Catan, Carcasonne, Zooleretto, etc).  And as always, if you have a game you'd like to play, let me know.

Allan Luesink

A heads up: February's Strategy Saturday is going to be moved to to Feb. 2 (the 1st wknd).  The church is unavailable on the 9th as they're celebrating Chinese New Year.