Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - January 29th, 2013 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, December 29, 2012, 07:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryce Robinson

Quote from: Matt Robertson on January 24, 2013, 11:08:07 AM
Quote from: qwijybo on January 24, 2013, 11:06:32 AM
good question. I guess american style plays more like poker. no betting on hands but play for points. that the only way I know how to play. definitely not the soliatre memory style.

Count me in for MahJong.

Sorry Matt I did some research and found my set will play Chinese, European or Kong Kong style. And the style I learned to play is known as Chinese official. For the American version I would need joker tiles that I dont have.
I take requests. See my collection here. http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/brycrbnsn

CappyZed

Thanks!

I've been looking for people to play Fury of Dracula with...I find it takes commitment  ;)

If anyone's ever tried it, "Betrayal at House on the Hill" is easy to learn, about an hour to play and a ton of fun.  We will bring it with us on Tuesday.

Damien & Becky

Cordawg

Damien I would play betrayal at the house of the hill  I like that game and I would like to play fury of Dracula
Cory

Theodain

Hey, I would like to be in on Betrayal at the House on the Hill (wow, that is a long title....) if it is being played. Farron would also like to be in on that.

Jeff Haubrich

i would be up for any openings if there are any on tuesday, I would like to get in a game of Horus Heresy one of these nights if anyone is interested. The downside is it is only a two player game. It is a warhammer 40k themed game with a neat initative mechanic-Jeff
"Life is a game, boy. Life is a game that one plays according to the rules."

ChadBoudreau

I'm Ambassador for this game night and I look forward to seeing everyone. It's been about a month since my last Chewsday Challenge and I'm jonesing for some board game action. I'm going to bring some quick-playing games for when the hand-shaking and "hellos" are done and I can sit down at the table.

I'll bring Escape From the Curse of the Temple. I can teach it in about 10 minutes and every game plays in 10 minutes. I'll also bring Linja, Six and Kulami-- three great 2-player games.

And Snake Oil. I can't come to Chewsday Challenge without Snake Oil.... :)

Cordawg

Chad I'll play escape Played it a few times but man is it hard and I would like to play snake oil

Tempest

Awesome, snake oil! I actually was looking to buy that before the new year but couldn't find it anywhere. Do they still make it? Anyways, I think I should be able to make it out this Tuesday. Hopefully I'll just be able to drop in on some stuff.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Mac Grassick

Quote from: CappyZed on January 24, 2013, 06:36:18 AM
Hi, my wife and I are new to Regina and would like to check out this event.  We have a few games we could bring, if anyone's interested...

Betrayal at House on the Hill (probably our favourite)
Arkham Horror
Powergrid
Fury of Dracula

We are familiar with a bunch more, though we would like to try Small World (we're both Ticket to Ride fans).  Anyhoo, please sign us both up for Tuesday the 29th.  Thanks!

Damien & Becky Ryall

Hello Damien & Becky & welcome to Regina. I've been very interested in playing Betrayal. I'm hoping to be there around 6:30, but I have some driving to do so if the weather is poor, I may be a touch later. If I'm too late or if you have a full game, I will try to get in on it another time. I'm looking forward to meeting you both & to playing some games. Cheers.

Mac
Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.