Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - January 29th, 2013 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, December 29, 2012, 07:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana_Tillusz

Ascension is a fast paced deckbuilding game designed by Magic Pro Tour champions Justin Gary, Rob Dougherty, and Brian Kibler, with artwork by Eric Sabee. Ascension is a deck-building game where players spend Runes to acquire more powerful cards for their deck. It offers a dynamic play experience where players have to react and adjust their strategy accordingly.

Gameplay is similar to other deckbuilding games, with the player adding cards to their deck by purchasing them from a central deck, which has the top six cards revealed and available for purchase. When cards are removed, they are replaced with a new one from the top of the deck. Victory points are earned in three ways: firstly, each card purchased is worth one or more victory points; second, victory points can be gained by defeating monsters with a power resource featured on several of the cards; finally, some cards give victory points directly each time they are played.

BGG Link: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/69789/ascension-chronicle-of-the-godslayer

This event is an officially sponsored event by Gary games and ComicReaders. Everyone participating will receive a free promotion card! Event starts at 6:30 sharp!

Promo card is:

Snikt!

CappyZed

Hi, my wife and I are new to Regina and would like to check out this event.  We have a few games we could bring, if anyone's interested...

Betrayal at House on the Hill (probably our favourite)
Arkham Horror
Powergrid
Fury of Dracula

We are familiar with a bunch more, though we would like to try Small World (we're both Ticket to Ride fans).  Anyhoo, please sign us both up for Tuesday the 29th.  Thanks!

Damien & Becky Ryall

R Newell

Welcome to Regina!

Arkham Horror probably has too big a footprint to fit on the tables there, but I'd love to see the other three you mentioned in play some Chewsday (Fury of Dracula's my personal favourite).

J_Leader

Dana_Tillusz

Quote from: CappyZed on January 24, 2013, 06:36:18 AM
Hi, my wife and I are new to Regina and would like to check out this event.  We have a few games we could bring, if anyone's interested...

Betrayal at House on the Hill (probably our favourite)
Arkham Horror
Powergrid
Fury of Dracula

We are familiar with a bunch more, though we would like to try Small World (we're both Ticket to Ride fans).  Anyhoo, please sign us both up for Tuesday the 29th.  Thanks!

Damien & Becky Ryall

Hello Damien & Becky!

I have put you down on the waiting list for Small World. If we can't get you in we play it all the time at ChewsDay Challenge. There will be much gaming going on but maybe bring a game of your own just in case. I always bring a couple games as back up in hopes of playing someone else's.
Snikt!

Bryce Robinson

Would anybody be interested in a game of Mahjong. We would 4 to play. I would like to sign up for ascension.
I take requests. See my collection here. http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/brycrbnsn

Bix Conners

Quote from: qwijybo on January 24, 2013, 10:46:55 AM
Would anybody be interested in a game of Mahjong. We would 4 to play. I would like to sign up for ascension.

Mahjong? Cool. What rules do you use? I have only played once and I would like to play again.
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

Bryce Robinson

good question. I guess american style plays more like poker. no betting on hands but play for points. that the only way I know how to play. definitely not the soliatre memory style.
I take requests. See my collection here. http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/brycrbnsn

Bix Conners

Quote from: qwijybo on January 24, 2013, 11:06:32 AM
good question. I guess american style plays more like poker. no betting on hands but play for points. that the only way I know how to play. definitely not the soliatre memory style.

Count me in for MahJong.
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

Dana_Tillusz

I'd like to give MahJong a try in the near future. Can't on the 29th, but sometime soon....
Snikt!