Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - November 27th, 2012 (18:00)

Started by ChadBoudreau, November 06, 2012, 08:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChadBoudreau

*** ChewsDay Challenge *** FoxMind Games Edition

What: The ChewsDay Challenge series of events is part of an initiative to host a public weekly game night that is welcoming to new members and is a way for people new to boardgames to experience a beginner friendly atmosphere. A opportunity for people new to designer board games or veterans of the hobby to come out, meet 'n' greet, and play some games.   This is held at a great location with full food and beverage service. Come on out and try some games.

The venue is also a great place for Wargamers and Strategy Gamers to come out and play a game. There are some titles that are hard to get to the table, let's try to get them the attention they deserve at a ChewsDay Challenge.

Where: North Albert St. Boston Pizza (Regina)

When: Every ChewsDay night of course, see date on this post for this particular event.

Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames. The venue is suitable for many different styles of games: (Wargames, Euro Games, Crokinole, Chess, Go, Scrabble, Backgammon, etc.)

Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

Although not necessary, we urge you to post in this thread if you are coming and what games you might bring or would like to play. Prearranging some games helps get some of the harder titles to the table. Perhaps you have seen someone post about a game in THIS THREAD, this might be an opportunity to get them to bring out the game and show you.

If you are new to the gaming scene in the City of Regina, come on out and meet some others. Feel free to come a bit early and grab a bite to eat. See you there!!!  :excited

Without further adieu, here is the Game Hosts of the week:

THIS WEEK'S HOSTS: Chad Boudreau & Dana Tillusz

ComicReaders Downtown and ComicsReaders South have partnered with FoxMind Games in order to bring a selection of their games to the table. Several of the games are quick-playing so there is no need to sign-up in advance. Mingle, listen in, watch, and play the games you're interested in. For example, Dana and Chad are able to teach "Six" in six seconds!

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g  :excited
There are lots of people bringing games out to play on ChewsDay Challenge Game Nights. To help attendees maximize their gaming experience we can help schedule games into slots for planning purposes. Post in the thread if you want to schedule a game and have folks sign up in advance. There are TWO basic time slots for this. 6:30pm time slot and 8:30pm. This is the start time for these games. They will be set up earlier. If you sign up for a game, please be there at least 15 minutes prior to start or your seat may be given to someone else. This is not mandatory, casual open gaming is still very much encouraged as well. Whether you wish to plan your game night or just show up and play it by ear, game on...

***** DANA TILLUSZ & CHAD BOUDREAU (6:30pm Start) *****
DANA: GAME: OCTI (2 Players)
DANA: GAME: BABYLON (2 Players)
DANA: GAME: TAIGA (2 - 4 Players)
CHAD: GAME: SIX (2 Players)
CHAD: GAME: LINJA (2 Players)

***** DANA TILLUSZ & CHAD BOUDREAU (7:30pm Start) *****
DANA: GAME: MAP IT (2 - 6 Players)
DANA: GAME: TRIXO (2 - 4 Players)
CHAD: GAME: FAUNA (2 - 6 Players)
CHAD: GAME: JUNGLE SPEED (2 - 8 Players)
CHAD: GAME: CHOCOLY

***** CHAD BOUDREAU (8:30pm Start) *****
FEATURED GAME OF THE NIGHT: STRING RAILWAY (2 - 5 Players)
1. qwijybo (Bryce Robinson)
2. Matt Robertson
3. Cordawg
4. Kathy Lewis

ChadBoudreau

The format for November 27, 2012 has changed. See the first post on this thread for details.

LoganD

I am not really sure what is going on this Tuesday but I'll be there and ready to play whatever game is open

Bryce Robinson

I take requests. See my collection here. http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/brycrbnsn

Dana_Tillusz

Quote from: qwijybo on November 21, 2012, 12:01:24 AM
I'll try string railway.

Hi qwijybo! What's your real name? Just so we know who to greet at the door next week.
Snikt!

Jeff Haubrich

"Life is a game, boy. Life is a game that one plays according to the rules."

Bix Conners

Put me in for String Railway. I would also like to try many other of the Foxmind titles. I like their games.
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

Bix Conners

NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

Guy Ouellette

I was gonna bring a few games and demo again but looks like many will be demoed again, so maybe I should just put my name on String railways and enjoy a night off?  What's the feeling out there Dana and Chad?