Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - November 27th, 2012 (18:00)

Started by ChadBoudreau, November 06, 2012, 08:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bix Conners

Quote from: Guy Ouellette on November 27, 2012, 12:22:57 PM
Well I am down for the count,  a nasty throat and chest infection took residence in my body yesterday. Need to rest sorry gang.
Get better Guy, see you next time.
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

ChadBoudreau

Bellis

I'm a little late to the post for this Tuesday's CC, but have been dealing with a unwanted cold and cough over the latter half of last week and into the weekend. Am almost back to normal.

From the postings so far, it looks like there are a lot of games to consider playing this time. However, if there are exactly four players available (I could be one of them), I could bring along Castle Capers, and teach it. (This is a simple worker placement/dice game from the print-on-demand company, The Game Crafter.) Otherwise I'll wait for another time. Regardless, I plan to be there.

Bix Conners

I am going early to grab a bite to eat in case anyone else is interested. I will be there for 5:00pm

Marc Bendig

I am interested in trying Taiga in the first slot, and fauna in the second, if that works out.

Bix Conners

Attendance: 32
Games Played: The Foxmind Games Night hosted by Chad and Dana from ComicReaders was a huge success. Lots of cool short games got played. We hope we captured all the titles that got played last night. Check out the number of games that got played. Many of these got played multiple times...

Octi
Six
Babylon
Linja
Acquire
Taiga
Magic: The Gathering
Trixo
Mapit
The Downfall of Pompeii
Kakerlaken Poker
Chocoly
Fauna
Chess
Coup
Royal Palace
String Railways
Small World
Family Business
Voluspa
Alien Frontiers with Expansions

This event continues to grow and each week we seem to hit a new record attendance. Starting next week, we are asking patrons to dine outside of the designated gaming area as we are started to run into space constraints. This will leave the area for games more readily available for people to play games. Quite often, there are a number of us that show up at 5pm to eat so we are ready to rumble at 6:00pm :) Feel free to join us for a bite to eat.

Thank you to all of the people that help make this event possible. The Boston Pizza venue is fantastic. Food and beverage service is great and the lighting is very conducive for playing games. All round great spot. Feel free to share any feedback or comments with any of the event ambassadors. The 6 people that plan and execute these events are:

Matt Robertson
Dana Tillusz
Chad Boudreau
Mac Grassick
Colin Dearborn
Marc Bendig

Life is Short; Play Games!