ComicReaders Downtown - Warhammer Fantasy Escalation League - Season 1.5

• 377 Replies

Mike.L

• View Profile
Re: ComicReaders Downtown - Warhammer Fantasy Escalation League - Season 1.5
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2012, 12:15:19 PM »
Edit: disregard. Plans canceled. I'll be downtown tomorrow from open untill 4:30 accepting all challenges.

See you then.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 04:56:53 PM by Mike.L »

Prince of Arnheim

• View Profile
  • Name: Maeson Livingston
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2012, 03:34:28 PM »
Had a good game vs Dean today. Deans Dawi hunkered down around a building where my slaves knocked on the door to sell some warpstone cookies but were promptly booted off the premises.I made a mistake here not rolling the cornered rats rule and in turn maybe hurting Quarellers and removing my slaves from the game, but I am sure Dean would have prefered not suffer all those D3 hits! The Quarellers responsible for defending the home invasion then shot up some Plague Censors who were distracting them from the mighty Doomwheel that had just fried then squished a lone bolt thrower. Said wheel then went on to plow past the Ironbreakers into a surprised unit of Thunderers, while said Ironbreakers charged me other unit of Censors, but were plagued by fumes and bashed up, only to be broken and run down in a short distance. The lone unit of Quarellers held stone solid in their bunker while the ratmen scalped some beard trophies and retrieved their dead to hide any trace of their existence from the previous battle. That being said the battle was very balanced and could have went either way myself getting only a couple hundread points more than double D.

It was a great friendly game, hope to have more like this soon!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 10:12:28 PM by Prince of Arnheim »

Dean Dodge

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2012, 01:04:34 PM »
It was a fun 1000 pointer vs Maeson.
We had to make very few calls on rules- but it all worked out to a reasonable solution.
Lots of fun. I think his doom wheel and the ratling gun had me scared. My one chance to shoot the doom wheel with my bolt thrower ended with me not wounding. That thing then went on to cause me soem problems.

I definitely know to shoot his plague censer bearers a bit more before I charge them next time. Both pretty balanced lists.
I've got quarrleres adn thudereres for shooting, but they are also toole dup to kill things in hand to hand.

Fun game. 1000 points plays nice and fast too.

Prince of Arnheim

• View Profile
  • Name: Maeson Livingston
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2012, 06:28:41 PM »
I have a query, is it possible that two players could team up and only play each other in a month while giving each other full points for sportsmanship to gain an edge in the rankings? I see this working against the idea of a diversity of games being played especially say if I can only play Joe Doh once in month 1 and then not at all in month 2.  I just think you guys had it right in the last league by allowing only one game between one player and all the others once per month. I know I would dislike going to play in month and be in a room full of people I cannot have a game with. There stands the possibility of the league having less games hosted this way.

Just my opinion, not trying to stir the pot again.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 06:33:29 PM by Prince of Arnheim »

Mike.L

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2012, 07:16:37 PM »
yea something might be there....

what if one person plays games against the other 8 players in one month? does that guy now sit out next month (or get zero rankings) simply because he played everyone last month?

perhaps an ammendment:

something to the effect of you can play any player as much as you want, but only the first match counts for rankings untill you have played everyone else once. that would encourage diversity in the games, and prevent people just playing the same person over and over for the points.

anyway just a thought....also not wanting to stir up the pot or open the perverbial can of worms.

KingLlama

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2012, 09:06:49 PM »
Not fully signed up but still wanting to play

Anyone up for a game Wednesday afternoon ?

RobertP

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2012, 09:28:33 PM »
This is my opinion... The rules for the league would suggest that playing the same person multiple times in one month will not get you multiple points for playing those games.  The reason for not giving points to playing the same person in month two is to avoid players playing the same person each month, THUS, counter intuitive if you can do it in a single month.  Keep in mind the rules as written are not to stunt the games of the the people that want to play all competitors each month.  Rather the rules are set to encourage the larger group of people that may lean towards only playing a few games each month.  I would predict that if you win month one, you will not be able to win month two.  This is good because it will encourage someone else to step up and win that second month.

Mike.L

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2012, 10:46:59 PM »
that seems kind of... off to me.

while i agree winning the month should be up for grabs to anyone, i see no problem in the same people winning more then one, or multiple in a row. (in fact is that not "sort of" the point, if not one of them?)

if i play a game against every member (8 others i think?) and win 7 of those games and win the month (highley optimistic) then im pretty much gaurentted to NOT win next month. (as i wont get points for playing anyone) - so why bother playing? just take the month off, then repeat again next month. that seems very very .....wrong to me.

now, i will definitaly agree that playing the same 2-3 people over and over is also a bad idea, and im not saying that should provide any benefit. it shouldnt. but if i play a single game against each other league member, i should be able to do the same thing again more or less next month. (obviously mitageted by scheduling and availability) - and there is zero gaurentee that i will win as many of those games to win that month. - since everyone would have played and gotten an idea of the army roster, tatics, etc. plus, whos not to say someone else does the same thing, and wins all or more games then i do? add in the points for "slayer of kings" and so on, and it makes for a lot of variety in the scoring.

now, playing everyone once in a month, then rematching people that same month... yea i think that shouldnt count for points. but i would humbley suggest that when the points go up, your "games against tracker persons x/y/z" or whatever resets. - encourages more games, variaety in games, and still disallows or dosent help someone just playing the same person over and over.

edit: now if i only play 4 people in a month, i should be required to play everyone else first, at least once next month BEFORE playing those 4 people i played earlier. otherwise it ends up being just same people over and over :)
- just my friendly 2 cents 
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 10:48:43 PM by Mike.L »

squalie

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2012, 06:40:29 AM »
Barclay, how late in the day can you play?

ChadBoudreau

« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2012, 06:51:43 AM »
RobertP is correct in regards to why the League rules are written as is.