• View Profile
Re: ComicReaders Downtown - Warhammer Fantasy Escalation League - Season 1.5
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2012, 04:23:30 PM »
things like purple sun wouldnt really qualify though

Mike.L

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2012, 12:00:09 PM »
Any direct damage or magic missile attack. If it inflicts a "hit" then it works. Cheesy.... And expensive as you need to have at least 2 butchers to use it but it an be really good at picking out and nerfing that enemy caster.

Mike.L

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2012, 09:25:12 PM »
apologies to those left wondering. after much consideration i will NOT be playing my empire. it would take too much effort to get them battle ready. instead i will be fielding my ogres, and trying some new things with them. if it would please the group i will post my army list along with comp ratios. as a more vetern player i have no issues about telling people my army or keeping things secret. i just want to play games and have a good time doing so.

that said, as novemeber is the first month of the league i would like to arrange games for this sunday noon - 5ish. i might even bring beverages!

cheers.

ChadBoudreau

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2012, 08:42:54 AM »
It is November 1. League is on! I added a ninth player this morning. Cheers.

RobertP

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2012, 04:49:59 PM »
I am coming with Beastmen.  I have been collecting Empire and I could field then but I really feel a pull to the Beasts again.  Neil Gosselin and I might be the first game of the league.  We set up a 1000pt match for Nov 2 at 1pm. 

Prince of Arnheim

• View Profile
  • Name: Maeson Livingston
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2012, 04:52:27 PM »
Rob you should ask Chad if there is room tomorrow cause he told me that Fridays and Saturdays are booked up at the store. Unless of course we dont have to play at the store now?

Dean Dodge

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2012, 07:35:10 AM »
Okay- who wants to play Sunday at the store at 1:00 vs my dusty old dwarfs?

ChadBoudreau

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2012, 11:16:54 AM »
Rob you should ask Chad if there is room tomorrow cause he told me that Fridays and Saturdays are booked up at the store. Unless of course we dont have to play at the store now?]Rob you should ask Chad if there is room tomorrow cause he told me that Fridays and Saturdays are booked up at the store. Unless of course we dont have to play at the store now?

- League games have to be played in the store.

- We post all scheduled events in the ComicReaders Downtown Venue on SaskGames. Check that out to get a sense of when the game room might be full. That said, the game room is always full on Friday nights (Magic: FNM) and all day Saturdays (Heroclix, Yu-Gi-Oh). We have Magic and Yu-Gi-Oh this Sunday (November 4) but there should be room for at least 1 or 2 Warhammer games. You can always call the store (779-0900) and check with our staff.

- ComicReaders Downtown is closed Sunday, November 11 for Remembrance Day.

RobertP

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2012, 06:46:29 PM »
Neil (Orc&Gobbos) and I (Beastmen) played a match today at 1pm.  Magic played a huge part of our game, here is a little battle report:  We rolled up Blood and Glory (Fortitude based on Standards) then quickly forgot about the scenario objectives!  Since we were playing on a 4x4 table we agreed to reduce the number of terrain to D3+2 and roll for the pieces in the book.  We ended up with 4 pieces of terrain that crowded the middle of the table.  We deployed with Neil getting the first turn.  The game started off well for Neil, landing the Foot of Gork spell hard on the Beastmen Wargor BSB.  The Wargor failed the Look Out Sir and in an instant he was reduced to pulp.  Mid-game the goblin's were able to collect a few victory points from a chariot and things were not looking good for my Beastmen as the goblins and orcs started to surround them (The Hand of Gork spell helped the Goblins move around the board considerably).  Things broke open for the Beastmen as I rolled a stellar magic phase around turn 4.  I was able to protect my rear flank by destroying a unit with none other then the mightly Flock of DOOM!  In my second casting that turn, I destroyed the general with the Amber Spear, obtaining all 3 of his wounds with a single blow.  The general's passing caused a panic test and made a nearby goblin unit flee.  It ended up that that unit wouldn't rally and with its departure from the battle field the Orcs "breaking point" was achieved.  However, this fact eluted us and we continued playing as if the game was still on the line.  There was one final battle with the orcs destroying a gor herd in fine fashion.  It wasn't until we started counting victory points at the end of turn 6 that we realized that the Beastmen won with fortitude (scenario conditions)... However, if it was down to victory points the difference with slim. The closest game I have ever seen with only a 13pt difference including the points for the general, standards, etc.     

Neil and I both work random shifts with a mix of weekdays and weekends.  We both work this Sunday so don't expect either of us there.  Good gaming.

Edited: corrections
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 12:12:43 PM by RobertP »

ChadBoudreau

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2012, 09:30:33 AM »
The snowfall kept customer traffic light at the store so I was able to poke my head into the games room from time to time. Glad I had a chance to eyeball the great paint jobs by both these players.