ComicReaders Downtown - Warhammer Fantasy Escalation League - Season 1.5

• 377 Replies

ChadBoudreau

ComicReaders' Warhammer Fantasy Escalation League 2012 / 2013 - Season 1.5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT IS Warhammer Fantasy?
Warhammer Fantasy is a tabletop miniature wargame produced by Games Workshop, set in a fantasy universe.

Game Resources
  • More information about ComicReaders Downtown as a venue can be found here.
  • A list of events occuring at ComicReaders Downtwn can be found here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LEAGUE STRUCTURE

Month one begins November 2012.

Welcome to the revamped Warhammer Fantasy Escalation League Season 1.5. We have made changes to simplify its structure but also based on feedback from players in the community.

All months build upon the previous month. You are allowed to change wargear between months. You are not allowed to decrease the number of models from the previous months. You are not allowed to switch out units from the previous months.

We need a minimum of 8 players for the League. Maximum number of players is 12.

ESCALATION DETAILS
Normal army composition will be applied.
First Month (November) : 1000 points
Second Month (December/January) : +500 points
Third Month (February) : +500 points
Fourth Month (March) : 2500 point tournament* (This army list does not have to be carried over from escalation months)
*Note: Not all League players are required to play in the tournament. League members are saved tournament spots before spots are opened to the public.

BATTLE & BONUS POINTS

A win earns you 3 battle points, a draw 2 and a loss 1.

There are a number of ways to earn and lose bonus points over the course of the league.
Bonus Points:
There are a number of ways to earn and lose bonus points over the course of the league.
‘Artisan’ - Any game played with a fully painted army earns a bonus +1 points
‘Paragon of Virtue’  - Best Sporting player as determined by sportsmanship criteria +2 Points
‘Specter of Death’ – Undefeated, not counting draws and losses within the month  + 2 points (minimum 2 games played)
'Slayer of Kings'  - Defeats a ‘Specter of Death’ from previous month + 1 Point per
‘Fools Rush In’ - Games played with unfinished miniatures  – 1 point per game
'Idle Hands' - A player that does not participate in a calendar month: Put on waitlist
‘Herald of Chaos’ - Players with abnormally low sportsmanship scores and / or complaints regarding his or her conduct within the month: Suspension*

*Multiple occurrences of this particular infraction will result in expulsion from this League, and possibly the ineligibility to participate in other future events held at ComicReaders Downtown.

PRIZES
Prizes will be given to top player(s) at the end of each Escalation month. Prizes are provided by ComicReaders Downtown and will be a combination of miniatures and paint. Prizes will be suited (to the best of our ability) to the army fielded by the prize winners.

There will be seperate prizes for the fourth month 2500 point tournament. More details to follow. Points earned during the escalation months do not carry over into the tourament.

GAME SCHEDULE / GAME PLAY / REPORTING
All games must be played using the pitched battle selection from the rule book (pg 141), chosen randomly as per normal. 

A minimum of one game must be played each month, and must be played  in the store during the calendar month.

There is no maximum number of games.

All games played against a unique player during the month will count towards ranking; however, games played with an opponent you have played in the previous month will not be counted for points. Example, if Player A played Player B in month 1 and again in Month 2, the game in Month 2 would not count toward points. But Player A and Player B could play each other for points in Month 3. This arrangement fosters diversity in games played.

1000 point games are played on 4’X4’ tables.  All other games are played on 4’X6’ games.

You can play with unfinished miniatures, but no proxy allowed if it is not clear as to what the miniature is supposed to represent. In addition, you lose points for playing with an unfinished army. (See "Fools Rush In" in the Bonus Points section.)

Currently, players will not need to submit Army Lists, but if problems start to occur then players will be asked to submit Army Lists to be on record at ComicReaders Downtown.

The store is not available Friday nights and Saturdays due to existing, regularly scheduled events. Please use the SaskGames.com Forums to find out if there are events happening at the store before you schedule your game. Go to the Leagues section of SaskGames.com to contact players in the League. You can also get contact information (phone / email) from ComicReaders Downtown.

Each player will fill out a Sportsmanship Criteria card after each game. (See "Sportsmanship Criteria".)

Prizes will be awarded to the top players every month. Ranking are reset every month but overall rankings will be tracked to help determine starting matches for the tournament.

Report wins and losses to ComicReaders Downtown staff at the end of the game.

ROSTER OF CONFIRMED COMBATANTS
1. Mike Lepke
2. Don Matwe
3. Maeson Livingston
4. Justin Gallagher
5. Dean Dodge
6. Lareina Chan
7. Chris Smith
8. Robert Possberg
9. Neil Gosselin
10. Barcley Lucki

WANT TO PLAY IN THE LEAGUE?
Contact ComicReaders Downtown via email (readers2@sasktel.net), phone (779-0900) or in-person at the store. We will need your first and last name, phone number and (optionally) email address.

Sportmanship Criteria
1. Make all their measurements clearly and accurately? (No ‘rubber rulers’ and you could see how far they were moving).
2. State what they were rolling for, what they needed, rolled the dice in plain sight, and did not roll into a pile of dice?
3. Politely answered any question you may have had about the game, including scenario, rules, and their army list? (If there were no questions, mark yes.)
4. Was your opponent patient when you were looking up rules in the rulebooks? (If there were no rule checks, mark yes.)
5. Play briskly and in an organized fashion, and did not stall for time?
6. Remain positive if they were losing, and/or did not belittle you if they were winning?

Every answer of yes is 1 point for your opponent. This will leave you with 4 points that you can award your opponent for an especially enjoyable game. (You do not need to give the whole 4 points. So 0, 1, 2 etc is also possible).

Refer to http://forums.saskgames.com/index.php?topic=794.0 for a general Code of Conduct expected of players playing at ComicReaders Downtown. By playing in events at ComicReaders Downtown you are agreeing to conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Code of Conduct.

THANKS
This League would not be possible without the dedication of ComicReaders' staff.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 08:34:02 PM by ChadBoudreau »

Mike.L

• View Profile
Re: ComicReaders Downtown - Warhammer Fantasy Escalation League - Season 1.5
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 05:45:01 PM »
awsome. looks great, sign me up

squalie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 10:07:38 PM »
I'm in (Don Matwe). Tomb kings. Thank you.

Lareina

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 10:54:46 AM »
I would like to mention that "Unfinished Miniatures" means: missing limbs, but does not count against unpainted. So you can play without a fully painted army without any penalties.

Prince of Arnheim

• View Profile
  • Name: Maeson Livingston
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 01:35:32 PM »
Would that count towards models that are say armed with shields but are not displaying any? For instance my little rat skavenslaves have slings byt the models dont have them, I just say they spit warpstone at the enemy as a fluffy idea.

I am in with Skaven

Mike.L

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 09:28:32 PM »
i have a small question....

if you select a wizard as a lord or hero, does the chosen lore have to be on the army list/roster, and does it always remain the same? or can chosen lores be changed from game to game and month to month if that wizard has acsess to multiple lores?

Lareina

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 06:46:42 PM »
Would that count towards models that are say armed with shields but are not displaying any? For instance my little rat skavenslaves have slings byt the models dont have them, I just say they spit warpstone at the enemy as a fluffy idea.

My stance is that shields are war gear, and since fantasy war gear isn't as strict when it comes to WYSIWYG in comparison to 40k, the answer is no, lack of shields would not count against as being "unfinished". As long as it is legal for your rats to have shields and slings, and you have the points allocated to having shields, then you're fine.

Lareina

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 07:05:08 PM »
i have a small question....

if you select a wizard as a lord or hero, does the chosen lore have to be on the army list/roster, and does it always remain the same? or can chosen lores be changed from game to game and month to month if that wizard has acsess to multiple lores?

I do believe you can, I would quote the book right now, but I don't have the book on me, so I can't reference it word for word. There was a website that stated: "As the rules state that you only roll for your spells prior to the deployment phase, you do not have to pick your Lore before your game and you may choose your Lore depending on the opponent you will be facing."

So, yes you can change lore between games.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 07:19:09 PM by Lareina »

Prince of Arnheim

• View Profile
  • Name: Maeson Livingston
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 08:32:55 PM »
It is known that lores have to be listed on your armylist before a game,so as to avoid customizing against new opponents in a tournament or to have an advantage against certain things in an opponents army. If players cannot change their lists during an escalation month then changing lores is technically not allowed according to the rulebook as they have to be listed before a game starts when spells are rolled. But that just what the rulebook says, im sure the mods would make an exception for league play.

An example would be using a Grey Seer that can take from 2 different lores AND replace one of those spells with the Dreaded 13th spell. I have state how many spells from each lore I will roll for on each table, cant just switch back and forth from the two to gain an advantage as this would be changing my armylist!

Are you playing Empire Mike?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 08:43:36 PM by Prince of Arnheim »

Lareina

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 07:22:11 PM »
Official Ruling: You are allowed to change Lore game to game, BUT you must have it in place before you know what is being fielded by your opponent.

If this becomes a problem, I will take the ability to do this away, so play nice.