Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - October 2nd, 2012 (18:00)

Started by SaskGamesAdmin, September 23, 2012, 01:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaskGamesAdmin

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***

What: The ChewsDay Challenge series of events is part of an initiative to host a public weekly game night that is welcoming to new members and is a way for people new to boardgames to experience a beginner friendly atmosphere. A opportunity for people new to designer board games or veterans of the hobby to come out, meet 'n' greet, and play some games.   This is held at a great location with full food and beverage service. Come on out and try some games.

The venue is also a great place for Wargamers and Strategy Gamers to come out and play a game. There are some titles that are hard to get to the table, let's try to get them the attention they deserve at a ChewsDay Challenge.

Where: North Albert St. Boston Pizza (Regina)

When: Every ChewsDay night of course, see date on this post for this particular event.

Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames. The venue is suitable for many different styles of games: (Wargames, Euro Games, Crokinole, Chess, Go, Scrabble, Backgammon, etc.)

Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

Although not necessary, we urge you to post in this thread if you are coming and what games you might bring or would like to play. Prearranging some games helps get some of the harder titles to the table. Perhaps you have seen someone post about a game in THIS THREAD, this might be an opportunity to get them to bring out the game and show you.

If you are new to the gaming scene in the City of Regina, come on out and meet some others. Feel free to come a bit early and grab a bite to eat. See you there!!!  :excited

Every ChewsDay Challenge, we will have a Game Host on site to teach a game. This is a great way for new players to experience a game in a beginner friendly environment. The Weekly Game will be set up at 6:15pm and players are urged to be there for 6:30. The feature game will start at 6:45pm

Without further adieu, here is the Game Host of the week:

THIS WEEK'S HOST: Dana Tillusz
THIS WEEK'S GAME: 7 Wonders
# OF PLAYERS: 7
1. Dana Tillusz
2. Marc Bendig
3. Jared
4. Logan Drydale
5. Michelle Drydale

LoganD

gentlegerbil

As I have been trying to drum up interest for AWAW, I could bring this game to the Chewsday Challenge. I doubt there would be enough time to teach/play, but I can "demo" some of the basic mechanics and see who would be interested :).

My schedule is very unknown atm.... but hopefully I will know closer to the date. But so far, if I have the time off, I will be there with the AWAW game.
------------------------------
War gaming since 1992.

Dana_Tillusz

Sounds great. I'd be curious to see it.
Snikt!

Tempest

This seems like a great idea... Will it only ever be one game per week, or are people encouraged to bring other games as well? I'd definitely be down for participating, and potentially hosting a night if you need people down the road.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Bix Conners

Quote from: Tempest on September 27, 2012, 04:42:26 PM
This seems like a great idea... Will it only ever be one game per week, or are people encouraged to bring other games as well? I'd definitely be down for participating, and potentially hosting a night if you need people down the road.

Feel free to bring a game. Post here to say what you are bringing; might drum up a few players.
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

Tempest

I won't be able to make it out this tuesday, but if there's one the following week, I'll be able to come with Smallword and Formula D.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Mac Grassick

I'm going to be attending the event on Tuesday. I'm thinking of bringing a few games. A few that come to mind are Lords of Waterdeep, Catacombs, Dungeon Command, Hawaii, Carabande(like Pitchcar), Roman Taxi , Munchkin & Zombies. I'll probably bring 2-3 games so if anyone would like to try out any of the games I've mentioned let me know & I'll make sure to bring them along. If you are coming & want to bring some games, post in this thread so I can check out what other people are bringing so I can budget my time & hopefully play a new game.

I'm super excited about tomorrow & I hope to see a lot of people come out & enjoy a great night of gaming. See you soon.

Mac
Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

Mac Grassick

I was just checking out this game on BGG, it looks pretty intense. I've played Axis & Allies but from the description & pics, this game looks like it's on a whole new level. I would very much like to see this game & learn a little bit about it. Hopefully you can make it out.

Mac
Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

Colin Dearborn

I will be bringing out a few of the easy to teach games.

likely including

Carcassone (base set)
Ave Ceasar
Dominion (base set)
Mamma Mia

plus whatever else I can fit in the backpack.