MTG - Return to Ravnica Pre-Release - Saturday, Sept 29 & Sunday, Sept 30, 2012

Started by ChadBoudreau, September 13, 2012, 10:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChadBoudreau

Return to Ravnica Pre-releases *Magic: The Gathering*

DESCRIPTION
The Return to Ravnica pre-release events allow you to experience the newest Magic: The Gathering set a week before it goes on sale.

ComicReaders Downtown is able to run a total of three pre-release events on Saturday, and three pre-release events on Sunday, if there is sufficient interest. The events are sealed events.

For the Return to Ravnica Pre-Release events, each player will choose from the five guilds in Return to Ravnica (Azorius, Izzet, Rakdos, Golgari, and Selesnya) and receive a Guild Prerelease Pack (while supplies last) of five Return to Ravnica booster packs, a guild-specific booster pack, a special alternate-art Prerelease card unique to each guild, an achievement card, a Spindown life counter, a guild symbol sticker, and a letter from the guild's leader.

And for this event, players may use the promo card included with the Guild Prerelease Pack in their decks. That's because each promo card is designed to fit in with Return to Ravnica guild specific abilities. 

GUILD REGISTRATION

ComicReaders Downtown will be taking pre-registration for Return to Ravnica Pre-Release events. This is so players can choose their Guild in advance. There is no guarantee every player that pre-registers for a specific Guild will receive the Guild of their choice, but ComicReaders Downtown will do our best to acommodate requests.

If you wish to pre-register...
Call (779-0900), email (readers2@sasktel.net) or respond to this post. We will need the following...
- Your first and last name
- The pre-release event(s) you are attending: Saturday morning, Saturday afternoon, Saturday afternoon / evening, Sunday morning, Sunday afternoon, Sunday afternoon / evening.
- The Guild(s) you wish to play

Our staff will maintain a spreadsheet of the pre-registrations.

DATE & TIME
Saturday, September 29, 2012
The first game begins at 10am. Doors will be open at 9:30am to start registration. The second event will most likely begin when the first is half over (when players start to drop from the first and as other players arrive in the early afternoon). The third event typically begins in late afternoon / early evening and goes into the night.

Sunday, September 30, 2012
The first game begins at 10am. The rest of the day typically plays out similar to Saturday.

COST
$25

EVENT ORGANIZER
Chad Boudreau / Jason Morton / Lareina Chan

EVENT ATTENDANCE LIMITS
No limit on seating for this event.

ADDITIONAL DETAILS

Ask your questions on the forum or give us a call (779-0900) and we will endeavor to answer in a timely fashion.

Jason Doan

Saturday Morning - Azorious...rest of the weekend I'll grab something at random.

Manni

Saturday Morning, Azorious
I am also wanting to try Izzet but i dont know if it will be 2nd or 3rd time on saturday just depends on how I do.

Lareina

Manni, please pm me your full name and then I can put you on the list

Pyre

Could you possibly give a general time when the second event starts? Because if it is around 1 or 2, then I will be able to make it.

So, I guess Saturday Afternoon, and I would like Izzet, with second choice of Rakdos. Name is Adam McInnis, I should be in the system!

ChadBoudreau

Pyre: The first event starts at 10am. The second event starts when we have enough people for it-- such as when people start dropping out of the first event or when new people arrive for the "afternoon event". I think 1pm would be too early. 2pm might be close, but I'm going to say somewhere between 2:30 and 3:30 based on previous years' experience. The best thing to do is give us a call early Saturday afternoon and we should be able to give you a more accurate time.

DylanEdgar

Sunday Morning, put me down for Selesnya if possible still.

If not, Azorius, if not ill just wait till i get there

Jason Doan

ChadBoudreau

Dylan and Doan: I've put you down as requested. Shouldn't be an issue. Cheers.

ChadBoudreau

We've got 30 people pre-registered for Saturday morning alone. There is sure to be a number of walk-ins. This is going to be a big event! Can't wait! I'm guessing Helvault level attendance...