What game is hitting your table?

Started by Bix Conners, May 23, 2012, 03:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolo

Not Space Empires 4X, but Empires of the Void

celticgriffon

Next time I will read your post... lol

I have a bunch of stuff I played fairly recently:

Beep Beep - a speed type game which has very simple rules and is super fun.

Linie 1 - the original version of Mayfair's Streetcar.  There are a bunch of new rules which supposedly fix the train running segment of the endgame... I didn't really care for them and we switched back to the original rules instead.  Still a very fun screw you kind of rail game.

Supergang - have wanted to get this out for a long time.  It is a game made by the same group who did Full Metal Planet.  You have three characters running around town trying to steal, sell, and do all kinds of nefarious activities.  Very tongue in cheek and I think we got some minor rules wrong.. but the addition of the dart gun for shootouts made it bearable.  Time hasn't been kind to this old guy.

Whiskey Traders - After a pretty long hiatus I am ready to get playtesting again with a specific goal to strip the game of a few rules.  I know this is biased but it is my favourite game over the past two years.  I can play this anytime.  After 100 plays I still very much enjoy the game.  Not many games have that staying power in my collection.

Cheers,
Michael
I wonder if you could be anyone would you be yourself? - yup it's mine..

Tempest

QuoteRisk Legacy is a hoot. We are 6 games in in our world and plan on getting a few more games in this summer. Are you playing with Glen V by any chance?

If it's the same Glen I'm thinking about, I started out playing with him, his friend and my brother. We got a few games in, and haven't picked up that world since. Started a new one with my brother(s) and a few random joiners and we made it to 15 games, now I have a new game going with my brother and a few of my M:tG friends.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Bix Conners

Last night we got a couple of games in...

Shipyard
Dude, you got rondels in your rondels. Yep. If you are a fan of games with rondels, you need to set sail with Shipyard. I was introduced to this game last night as a 2 player game. There is a lot going on in this game. Lots of replayability as you explore different ways to approach ship building. Enjoyable.

Innovation
After Shipyard, we put Innovation on the table and stumbled through the rules. Interesting mechanisms. We need to play this a bit more before I form any true opinions on the game.
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

celticgriffon

Last night at the German Club I managed to get three games in:

La Citta - the designer worked on this for over four years before it made it to publication.  La Citta is a wonderful lighter civilization/city building game.  It is intuitive and very cut-throat.  Your citizens are constantly migrating from one location to another as they seek different aspects each year.

For Sale - An absolute classic.  Games take 10 minutes and the ruleset is easy as pie.  Players bid to purchase houses.  The houses are then sold to collect cheques.  Most money at the end wins.  This really deserves to remain in print (not sure if someone picked it up after Uberplay went out of business).

Cheers,
Michael
I wonder if you could be anyone would you be yourself? - yup it's mine..

Kurt Swekla

Got in another round of Twilight Struggle with a new player who did really well and it almost came to final scoring.

Jolo

Quote from: Matt Robertson on June 08, 2012, 07:34:00 AM
Innovation
After Shipyard, we put Innovation on the table and stumbled through the rules. Interesting mechanisms. We need to play this a bit more before I form any true opinions on the game.

I have Innovation and while it is not a bad game, according to Vasel it is better with the expansion.

Bix Conners

THanks for the heads up on that Jolo. I have the expansion, but it is still in shrink. Perhaps I will open and give it a read.

zikkuratt

Mage Knight the board game.  Real cool game. Highly recommended.
zikk was here

Bix Conners

Quote from: zikkuratt on June 09, 2012, 08:25:59 AM
Mage Knight the board game.  Real cool game. Highly recommended.

Cool. How many plays have you logged on this? Is the game getting better with more plays? It is on my radar to "try before I buy".