What game is hitting your table?

Started by Bix Conners, May 23, 2012, 03:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bix Conners

I have to say that I had way more fun playing Psycho Raiders than I should have. Good times.
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

Jolo

In the last 4 weeks I have played 7 games, a total of 14 times. They are, as always, in numerical order. I am maintaining a higher rate of games played this year than last, having played 84 games this year, while at this time last year I was at 61. I assume I will play something at International TableTop Day as well this weekend.

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set, with 4 plays we are slowly, bringing the 5th expansion to a close, three of these games were losses as we lost to the second last expansion 4 times in a row. This game still chugs along and is ok for a relaxing night with friends.

The Last of the Independents, 3 plays from this area control game. It is light and interesting.

Peloponnes has 3 plays, because I am a sucker for Civ building games I recently purchased this and it's expansions, and the card game. The game plays fast, as we played 2 in less than 2 hours. It has a unique bidding style which makes the planning more difficult.

7 Wonders, 1 play, you should all know this game.

Dominion, 1 play at Amigos as I was teaching it.

The Great Zimbabwe, 1 play when it was the feature game at Amigos.

Sentinels of the Multiverse, 1 play. I still really enjoy this game, and it shows, as this was my 101st play.

R Newell

Quote from: Jolo on April 28, 2016, 12:08:34 PM

Awesome feature game!  Was there more than one game of it on the go?

Jolo

Quote from: R Newell on April 28, 2016, 12:16:55 PM
Quote from: Jolo on April 28, 2016, 12:08:34 PM

Awesome feature game!  Was there more than one game of it on the go?

Nope, I own the only one, I suspect there will be a couple of purchases later in the year when it is republished though.

puggeroni

We seem to be playing a lot of Hanabi recently; I think it's actually made our group better in a lot of ways; people are forced to listen to each other now ;)   Also great for working on your memory skills. 

Also brought out Kill Dr. Lucky again; just waiting for the anniversary edition so I can get my own copy (Game budget you say? What's that?).  Always love this one because of the confrontation between players when someone confronts the doctor.

Have also brought out Carcassonne a few times, and reminded myself why I bought it in the first place.  It's just a nice, simple euro without too many rules.  Going to be teaching this to my 10 year old niece pretty soon.  I think it will be a hit for her.

Going to be bringing out Dominion at the next game night.  Kind of nervous because I love games with expansions and expansions cost money....
I don't even not understand it in a way that's understandable...

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Jolo

In the last 4 weeks I have played 8 games, a total of 21 times. They are, as always, in numerical order. I am maintaining a higher rate of games played this year than last, having played 105 games this year, while at this time last year I was at 71. Some of this increase is due to me now playing C&C: Ancients more often.

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set, 9 plays, and we are now solidly into the final expansion. I am not sure what I will do when it is done, sell it or restart with new characters.

Commands & Colors: Ancients, 5 plays, I started teaching it to a couple of friends, so now we play once a week
Sentinels of the Multiverse, only 2 plays and they were both on Monday as a break from Age of Industry

7 Wonders, 1 play, Brenda and I taught this to a meetup group.

Age of Industry, 1 play, sorta Brass, but simpler. I failed to win...

Nations, 1 play, the winner of AoI picked this and the game went three turns due to Imperium Rex being flipped for the event card.

Peloponnes Card Game, 1 play, at Amigos as the feature game.

Viticulture, 1 play at Amigos as the feature game.

Reynard

Quote from: Jolo on May 25, 2016, 01:52:07 PM

Nations, 1 play, the winner of AoI picked this and the game went three turns due to Imperium Rex being flipped for the event card.

I recently played this for the first time at a friends place, and this exact thing happened. Third turn, game ends next turn. Even the game owner was stunned as he said of all the times he played it, he had not seen that card come out.
"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again."

― Robert Jordan

Jolo

This was the first time we played with that card...

puggeroni

We've been playing a lot of Dominion, and Forbidden Island lately.  Trying to work my way through 25 plays of Dominion before we crack open Dominion Seaside.  Not going to be much longer :)

I don't even not understand it in a way that's understandable...

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Jolo

Quote from: Jolo on May 25, 2016, 04:27:00 PM
This was the first time we played with that card...

I have played twice more, and BOTH times that card came out, so I over ruled it and got a new one