MTG - Avacyn Restored Pre-Release - Saturday, April 28 & Sunday, April 29

Started by ChadBoudreau, April 16, 2012, 10:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Doan

Quote from: Dana_Tillusz on April 23, 2012, 05:09:13 PM
Thanks Doan.

Looks like I'll be playing in my first tournament in over a decade.

What What What?  Who is this?  How did you get the password for Dana's account? :)

ChadBoudreau

Please note ComicReaders Downtown will open its doors at 9:30 on Saturday and will be starting registration at that time. I'm doing this to speed along the registration process because I expect a crowd for the event. Packs of Avacyn Restored will not be given out until 10am, however.

Blake

Starting early sounds like a good plan Chad.

If I read that correctly it sounds like you have 2 Helvaults that require opening. Am I correct in assuming this?

ChadBoudreau

Blake, you are correct. We have 2 Helvaults. One for Saturday (10am start time) and one for Sunday (10am start time).

Chris Jabberwokie

Hey Chad, will there be a sealed release event on Friday May 4?

ChadBoudreau

Chris, yes, there will be. Friday night will be a sealed Avacyn Restored event.

ChadBoudreau

Our Saturday Pre-Release was a big success. We ran three events between the hours of 10am and 8:30pm, with more than 80 players over the course of the day. The Helvault was opened in round three (if memory serves me correctly) in the first event, with the honours going to Steve Mock who cracked the last seal. I took some pictures and will have those up on the ComicReaders Downtown Facebook page this evening or Monday morning.

With so many players over concurrent events there were a couple hiccups and I want to thank all participants for their patience and understanding when we had to do a new pairings.

Since Saturday was such a success how about we do it all again today (Sunday)?    :)  see you at 10am.

Aleron

It was actually opened the end of the second (remember since it took me two matches to open a seal myself and it was open before I started my third).

Was a lot of fun. Thanks for having us! :)
My Current Gaming:
~ World of Irhardt - Dungeon Master (5E D&D Campaign) ~

celticgriffon

Wish I could attend - working... and have the kids after... maybe next one?

Michael
I wonder if you could be anyone would you be yourself? - yup it's mine..

ChadBoudreau

Thanks to everyone that came to the Sunday Pre-Release events. Sunday is always a smaller but no less enthusiastic crowd. Congrats to Merv who cracked the final seal on our second Helvault. Pictures still forthcoming.