MTG - Avacyn Restored Pre-Release - Saturday, April 28 & Sunday, April 29

Started by ChadBoudreau, April 16, 2012, 10:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChadBoudreau

Avacyn Restored Pre-releases *Magic: The Gathering*

DESCRIPTION
The Avacyn Restored Prerelease events allow you to experience the newest Magic: The Gathering set a week before it goes on sale. Players will receive an exclusive promo card-- Moonsilver Spear-- while supplies last.

There are two formats for Avacyn Restored pre-release: Sealed and Open the Helvault. ComicReaders Downtown is able to run a total of three pre-release events on Saturday, and three pre-release events on Sunday. And one of those events on each day can be a Open the Helvault event.

Sealed: Each player receives six Avacyn Restored booster packs to use for building a deck.

Open the Helvault: This event will include a Helvault that players will have the opportunity to help open during the Prerelease using their achievement cards. I'm summarizing but it basically works like this: During the course of the event when certain achievements are reached, seals on the Helvault will be opened. Once the Helvault is completely unsealed, players will be able to share in the spoils inside.

Please note: The Open the Helvault event is optimized for 54 players. With 54 players, each player will receive something from inside the Helvault. If more than 54 players are at the Open the Helvault event, contents of the Helvault will be given to players in the order in which they were registered for the event THE DAY OF THE EVENT.

ComicReaders Downtown WILL NOT take pre-registration for Open the Helvault event. (I had initially thought I would but have decided not to do so. Some of the ComicReaders Downtown regulars are in Calgary that weekend for the Comic-Con so seating should not be an issue. That said, you better queue up early if you want to get your mitts on the spoils of the Helvault.)

DATE & TIME
Saturday, April 28, 2012
10am: Open the Helvault

A Sealed event will begin when the Open the Helvault event ends. And a third Sealed event will be played if interest and time allows.

Sunday, April 29, 2012
10am: Open the Helvault

A Sealed event will begin when the Open the Helvault event ends. And a third Sealed event will be played if interest and time allows.

COST
$25

EVENT ORGANIZER
Chad Boudreau / Jason Morton

EVENT ATTENDANCE LIMITS
No limit on seating for this event, except for Open the Helvault (see above)

ADDITIONAL DETAILS

Ask your questions on the forum or give us a call (779-0900) and we will endeavor to answer in a timely fashion.

Jason Doan

I want to play so bad, looks like the most fun pre-release in quite a while...but one only gets to see the entire cast of Star Trek: TNG on stage at the same time once in a lifetime or so.  Have fun y'all and I hope you get a great turn out.

Aleron

My Current Gaming:
~ World of Irhardt - Dungeon Master (5E D&D Campaign) ~

Jason Doan

Alapalooza

Giant Spiders! Clap, clap... clap clap clap. Giant Spiders!

Dana_Tillusz

That Helvault events looks very cool.

Anyone have a spoiler list for Avacyn Restored?
Snikt!

Jason Doan

Also, as of this morning the complete spoiler with pictures is up on WOTC's website.

Dana_Tillusz

Thanks Doan.

Looks like I'll be playing in my first tournament in over a decade.
Snikt!

Lareina

Won't be around to work/play in the pre-release, hope everyone has fun doing it :) And hope you get some awesome cards!