Magic (FNM) - Comic Readers - Schedule for March 2012 (18:00)

Started by Jason Doan, February 27, 2012, 05:38:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Doan

Friday Night Magic *Magic: The Gathering*

DESCRIPTION
For information on the Friday Night Magic promotion please Click Here

DATE & TIME
Every friday in March 2012 at 18:00 (Normally runs until 22:00)

COST
$5

EVENT ORGANIZER
Chad Boudreau

EVENT ATTENDANCE LIMITS
No limit on seating for this event.

ADDITIONAL DETAILS
The promo card for March 2012 is Tectonic Edge.

Jason Morton

I found a pic of said Tectonic Edge.  It looks pretty sweet foiled up.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... he's gone." -Verbal Kint

Jason Doan

Okay, here's a fun idea that some of us came up with on Friday.  Two weeks from now, March 23rd, we're going to construct decks made of nothing but commons and uncommons.  Now, the event is still officially Standard so you can feel free to play anything that you want but for anyone that would like to join us in this little deck building exercise I'll make sure that we have a cool prize for the best result among these low cost decks, and if you end up winning the tourney with your budget deck you win those packs as well.  Ladies and Gentlemen, start your brewing...

Jason Doan

Searched through the box of old promos and found a sweet prize for our little deckbuilding challenge.  The top finisher without any rares or mythics in their deck will get 2 of each of the Duals of the Planeswalker promo titans (Grave, Inferno and Frost).

kdogg_64

Oh YEAHHHHHHHH that sounds like a sweet challange and amazing prize count me in for sure!

Jason Doan

Tonight!...I've got a big pile of poo thrown together that I'm going to thouroughly enjoy riffle shuffling the hell out of...

Jason Doan

Congrats to Mon for not only being the highest placing cheap deck, but for being 1st place overall as well.  Good job.  I'd like to note this thing was at least partially my idea, and I played against exactly zero other budget friendly decks.  Hilarious.