Strategy Saturday - Argyle Road Baptist Church - Saturday, February 11, 2012

Started by Allan Luesink, February 05, 2012, 01:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Luesink

Hi all,

February is here and it's starting to look like we may escape this winter without any real nasty weather.  I hope you have appreciated the weather.  I certainly have especially since much of my work is outside.

The three of us did some thinking regarding the coming year and we've decided that we'll be having Feature Games that hit on a theme for our games nights.  For example in March we'll have a military theme so the Feature Game will match.  The actual games for each theme haven't been decided on yet so this means that:

• You'll have a bit more heads up of what you can expect for a particular month
  • If you have a game that fits that theme that you want to play you can contact me and maybe we can make it the Feature Game
  • Even better you can suggest games here on the Sask Games Forums so everyone can have a chance to comment on what interests them
  • Of course people are still encouraged to bring games to play - always feel free to play something that interests you even if it is not on the theme of the evening

Be sure to watch here on the Sask Games Forums for a posting of the upcoming Feature Game themes.

For February's edition of Strategy Saturday, the theme will be 'Family Friendly'; we're going feature either Settlers of Catan or Ticket to Ride (both will be available and the final decision will be made as people show up and indicate their preference).  These two games have proven themselves to be very popular with all ages, with gamers and non-gamers alike.  If you haven't played them be sure to come out and discover these gems.

We'll be in the basement of Argyle Road Baptist Church (3510 Argyle Rd) from 7pm to midnight.  As usual we'll have our snack counter open so feel free to contribute a drink or something to munch on.  And feel free to bring along friends (and to forward this email).

Hope you'll be there,

Allan
(along with Michael and Barry)