Looking for Overpower Players

Started by rucker73, November 26, 2011, 11:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rucker73

Hey everyone I am new to the city and this site and I was wondering if there was anyone around who may still play this game (Superhero card game from the late 90s)

If so feel free to post, I still love to play both online and in person (back in ontario we had about 20 guys that still played)  I am also still collecting so if anyone has cards that they are looking to sell or trade I am interested in that too.

Hope to hear from someone!

Colin Dearborn

I used to play back in the mid 90's. Still have a box full of them laying around somewhere.

I believe Paul K, the guy that runs the heroclix tournaments at Comic Readers downtown still plays sometimes.

Dodge

Don't know if this still applies as the original post was 4 year ago, but...

I've recently unearthed my OP cards from the depths of the basement and have begun playing again!  I brought them to the school where I teach and introduced them to some of the kids who took to it quite well!

I would be very interested to play it some Chewsday?

rucker73

I would love to bring a deck or two to a chewsday meetup.  How far along did you collect?  I have pretty well everything.  Although I would consider myself to be low to medium skilled at the game.

Do you go every week?

Dodge

Quote from: rucker73 on December 29, 2015, 09:32:52 AM
I would love to bring a deck or two to a chewsday meetup.  How far along did you collect?  I have pretty well everything.  Although I would consider myself to be low to medium skilled at the game.

Do you go every week?

I collected sporadically throughout each series, but have a pretty healthy collection thanks to some reprints and custom cards off the internet (and some I've made myself).  Playing with the kids at school (high schoolers) has brought me back pretty hardcore and made me better, but they've moved (back) onto Yu-gi-oh (sp?) so I've played less this year.

I'm planning on coming tonight and can bring a 76-pt team or two to play with (and maybe my binders to flip through)!

rucker73

Can't do tonight.  Too short notice for wife.  (2 year old at home and a second on the way) Plus I don't have any pre built decks.

Which custom cards do you have?  The group I used to play with actually created the cards for the cancelled Marvels expansion.  Are you using your using customs in your deck?  Or should we play licensed cards only for starters?

Would love to do it next week?  8:30 works best for me.

Dodge

Quote from: rucker73 on December 29, 2015, 11:28:05 AM
Can't do tonight.  Too short notice for wife.  (2 year old at home and a second on the way) Plus I don't have any pre built decks.

Which custom cards do you have?  The group I used to play with actually created the cards for the cancelled Marvels expansion.  Are you using your using customs in your deck?  Or should we play licensed cards only for starters?

Would love to do it next week?  8:30 works best for me.

Started getting customs I found through the OP forum:
http://www.beenhereandthere.com/SMF/custom-cards/?PHPSESSID=79d5ca8ddef126b37ded69a519dbbdb6
and then added some missing characters myself (though not with as many specials as I would've like due to card / printing constraints):
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130504706@N02/

I hope to make it more regularly to the nights, though my wife teaches dance in the evening which makes it kind of tough.  I can likely make next week, but it might not be until 9.  I think actual, official OP cards to start things off would be best.  I'll bring my binders too.

rucker73

I used to love that forum.  That's where I met my play group from Ontario.  Here is the link to the custom set they printed up.  I purchased two copies at the time.

http://www.beenhereandthere.com/SMF/custom-cards/set-of-marvels-properly-printed/?PHPSESSID=79d5ca8ddef126b37ded69a519dbbdb6

9 works for me as well.  I'll bring my binders too.  So I guess I'll be the guy with all the binders.