Strategy Saturday - Argyle Road Baptist Church - Saturday, October 8, 2011

Started by Allan Luesink, October 02, 2011, 08:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Luesink

Hey all,

It's October and we're definitely into the fall season now and all the changes that come with it (ie. back to school, one last trip to the cottage, cleaning up the yard).  For me it's been a change at work.  I've been transferred within my company and now I'm hauling fertilizer with a truck and super B trailers.  Days are long but it's a refreshing change with new learning opportunities.

October's second weekend is coming up on us this next weekend.  For this Strategy Saturday we're going to feature the game Railroad Tycoon.  This is an excellent train game from Martin Wallace in which players are seeking to lay track and deliver goods to cities across a map of the eastern USA.  You can check it out at BoardGameGeek.

A heads up for an upcoming Strategy Saturday.  It was suggested that we have a themed night for a change to our Feature Game segment.  The theme would be that we only play games that were originally published 20 years ago or more.  So that would mean games like classic Risk (but not any of its newer variants), Monopoly, Scotland Yard, .... I'm sure that many of us have a game or two that was great in its day but has been collecting dust because it just isn't the latest greatest thing.  So take some time to think what game(s) you'd like to experience again and be prepared to break it out again for an upcoming Retro Night.

We'll be in the basement of Argyle Road Baptist Church (3510 Argyle Rd) from 7pm to midnight.  As usual we'll have our snack counter open so feel free to contribute a drink or something to munch on.  And feel free to bring along friends.

Hope you'll be there,

Allan
(along with Michael and Barry)