Game: Last Night on Earth (2 - 6 Players)

• 2 Replies

ChadBoudreau

Game: Last Night on Earth (2 - 6 Players)
« on: September 24, 2011, 01:51:17 PM »
Last Night on Earth
This is the thread to discuss the game of Last Night on Earth and its expansions, any variants, likes, dislikes, etc.

Description
Last Night on Earth, The Zombie Game is a survival horror board game that pits small-town Heroes head-to-head against a limitless horde of Zombies (players can play on the Hero team or as the Zombies). A modular board randomly determines the layout of the town at the start of each game and there are several different scenarios to play, adding lots of replayability. Fast Paced Game Play with Easy To Learn rules allows players to jump right into the action, while Strategic Depth and Strong Cooperative Play keeps the game interesting.

To achieve a horror movie feel, all of the art for the game is photographic and the game comes with a CD Soundtrack of original music.

Board Game Geek Entry
Click Here

Expansions
Last Night on Earth: Growing Hunger
Last Night on Earth: Survival of the Fittest
Last Night on Earth: Hero Pack 1
Last Night on Earth: Zombies with Grave Weapons Miniatures Set

The game has also been expanded with various supplements (that supply new scenarios and cards), and scenarios that have been published online.

Member Ratings Based on rating system located Here
:1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :0: :0: Chad Boudreau Rating
:1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :5: :0: :0: Dana Tillusz Rating
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 06:14:09 PM by Dana_Tillusz »

ChadBoudreau

Re: Game: Last Night on Earth (2 - 6 Players)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 02:14:34 PM »
8 of 10 for me.

This is my favorite game to write reports about on BGG. Thought you might enjoy a recap of the play that introduced my wife to the game.

-----
We played Die Zombies Die, with her as zombies and me as the heroes. For characters, I randomly selected the sheriff, Jake Cartwright, the priest, and Billy. I thought this was going to be a cake walk for the heroes because the sheriff has a gun, Billy is fast, the priest has his prayers that can cancel a zombie card, and Jake was born to slaughter zombies.  The characters looked out from their starting positions and felt little fear.

Then within the first five rounds, Jake was killed, turned into a zombie, and the remaining heroes started to sweat. Their nerves were shot. The pressure mounted, and the three could not regain their confidence.

The sheriff could't hit the broad side of a barn with his revolver, and thus could not stop the advancing zombies. The priest failed at prayer so he tried a different tact. He rolled up his sleeves, grabbed a baseball and waded into the fray. He took a mighty swing and the bat promptly snapped over the head of his undead victim. Billy, armed with a chainsaw, thought he could turn the tide but after sawing a couple stiffs, he lost a fight, ran out of gas, and got his ass killed, thus ending the game for the heroes.

My wife was most pleased.

Dana_Tillusz

• bloop
    • View Profile
    • comicreaders.com
  • BGG ID: HeavyD
Re: Game: Last Night on Earth (2 - 6 Players)
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 06:13:33 PM »
We haven't played this game in awhile, but Halloween is coming so it's time to break it out again.

:1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :5: :0: :0:
Snikt!