MTG 2011 Provincial Championships

Started by Fergus Earnshaw, September 12, 2011, 03:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Doan

Well, we didn't completely embarass ourselves this time...congrats to me, Tyler, Barrett and Jacob for making the Top 8...and nice work Jacob on going 6-0 in the swiss (the guy was on fire, only lost 1 single game all day and that was in round 6).

HellFire

Quote from: Jason Doan on October 15, 2011, 08:12:03 PM
Well, we didn't completely embarass ourselves this time...congrats to me, Tyler, Barrett and Jacob for making the Top 8...and nice work Jacob on going 6-0 in the swiss (the guy was on fire, only lost 1 single game all day and that was in round 6).

We're awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kdogg_64

congratz to the ppl that tp 8 last weekend what was the meta game and decklists for top 8???

kt

HellFire

Quote from: kdogg_64 on October 17, 2011, 11:07:11 AM
congratz to the ppl that tp 8 last weekend what was the meta game and decklists for top 8???

kt

Top 8:
Wolf Run Ramp - Me
Tezzeret Infect - Jacob
Solar Flare - Doan
G/B/W Deck (Don't really know what was in it) - Barret
Monblack Infect - Saskatoon Guy
Wolf Run Ramp - Saskatoon Guy
Solar Flare - Saskatoon Guy
White Agro Deck - Saskatoon Guy

Jason Doan

HellFire

Bah, I can't believe the guy that beat me won.  I had him dead on the board game 2 but made a huge play mistake.  Third place ain't bad though!

Mark

Saskatchewan is the only place(between states and provincials) where Solar Flare placed first(as mentioned in Chaplin's article on SCG today).

Jason Doan

Quote from: Mark on October 19, 2011, 08:02:19 AM
Saskatchewan is the only place(between states and provincials) where Solar Flare placed first(as mentioned in Chaplin's article on SCG today).

*With the decklists from less than half the tournaments being reported so far...

HellFire

Quote from: Mark on October 19, 2011, 08:02:19 AM

He was the only Solar Flare player that was running a decent amount of counter-spells that I played against.  It made the match up way harder when I couldn't just resolve whatever I want and say "Deal with it".