Terraria

• 9 Replies

Tempest

• Boom!
    • View Profile
Terraria
« on: July 10, 2011, 11:00:45 PM »
Has anyone heard of this game? It came out about a month ago on Steam. It's kinda like a 2D, action-oriented version of Minecraft. It goes for $10 and I highly recommend it. It can be played single player, but its most fun when you get some friends involved. It's one heck of a sandbox game that doesn't really have much of a learning curve or anything like that to worry about.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Brad

• View Profile
Re: Terraria
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 11:06:18 AM »
I haven't played Terraria yet but it's on my list of games to check out, especially with it being compared to Minecraft so often.

NJ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 04:50:44 PM »
I got it. It's great fun for about a week, then it's just waiting for more updates.

Aleron

• Dungeon Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 09:26:12 PM »
Love this game. If you catch while it is on sale on Steam you can get it for around 5 to 10 bucks depending. I've already sank probably 120 odd hours into it. Crazy addictive and fun.

Personally I like it way better than minecraft. Graphics are nostalgic.
My Current Gaming:
~ World of Irhardt - Dungeon Master (5E D&D Campaign) ~

Tempest

• Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 02:00:44 PM »
It makes me sad that they decided not to update it anymore.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Maelven

• Steam ID: Maelven
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 06:45:26 AM »
Not sure if anyone here will still find this relevant but the creator of Terraria came back to the game and put one last update out for it about a month ago. Tons of new content for both normal and hard mode. If you enjoyed the game it may be worth your time to check it out.
If PC gaming is your thing, feel free to add me on Steam. My steam ID is Maelven.

Tempest

• Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 11:57:43 AM »
Yeah! I was really excited when I first heard that. I went and played for a bit then got really focused on clearing the corruption pre-hard mode. Then some other games came along and I got excited for those and I haven't tuched terraria since. Soon though.

Maelven

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 04:53:10 PM »
I started playing that and Minecraft again while I wait for 7 Days to Die and Starbound to get a little bit closer to leaving Beta. Had to scratch that creative itch somehow.
If PC gaming is your thing, feel free to add me on Steam. My steam ID is Maelven.

Tempest

• Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 07:30:49 PM »
One of my friends is super into Starbound and I just can't get into it. My very first experience in the game was I teleported down to the planet into a room that I couldn't figure out how to leave and there was this guy hitting me with a sword until I died like six times. Not a good first impression. I do love the music though.

Maelven

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 12:48:20 PM »
haha yeah Starbound took some work to get into. Once you get rolling though it is a lot of fun. That said, the game only has complete content for like 4 of 10 stages