• View Profile
Re: PWYF 2018 Game Schedule
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2018, 08:23:01 PM »
So I have a few games I want to play anyone interested in
Orleans
Mansions of madness
Dinosaur island
Trickerion

Is Mansions of Madness the second edition? I've been curious to see how the app plays with the game.
Yes it's the second edition of the game

sna17

• View Profile
  • Name: Shelby
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2018, 09:03:52 PM »
So I have a few games I want to play anyone interested in
Orleans
Mansions of madness
Dinosaur island
Trickerion

Is Mansions of Madness the second edition? I've been curious to see how the app plays with the game.
Yes it's the second edition of the game

Awesome - I am definitely interested! If it works with your schedule, it would be better for me if we don't play super late as I'm not sure how late I'll be staying. If that doesn't work, no worries - I can jump in on the game if you bring it out some other time.

Cordawg

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2018, 12:55:30 PM »
GAME TITLE: mansions of madness 2nd ed
TEACHER'S NAME: cordawg
START TIME: 1pm
DURATION: your best estimate of how long it will take in minutes (account for time to teach the game) 120-180 mins depends on the scenario
# OF PLAYERS: 5
URL: Copy and past the URL from Board Game Geek herehttps://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/205059/mansions-madness-second-edition
please add sna17

MikeMcC

• View Profile
  • Name: Mike McCallion
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2018, 01:48:55 PM »
Looking for suggestions for 3 A.M. type games... I suspect that Chess or Quiet Staring Contest might not be great ideas at that hour.

Offhand, I think games like PIT, MAGIC MAZE, maybe THE MIND, would be good.  Any other ideas?

swoop_ds

• View Profile
  • Name: Dave Schmidt
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2018, 01:59:45 PM »
Looking for suggestions for 3 A.M. type games... I suspect that Chess or Quiet Staring Contest might not be great ideas at that hour.

Offhand, I think games like PIT, MAGIC MAZE, maybe THE MIND, would be good.  Any other ideas?

There's room in the 4am game of Kremlin. . .

Some ideas for you if you want lighter games:
Tumblin Dice, Time's Up, Social Deduction games

I also find that games that have a comical narrative (like Kremlin. . . ) tend to work well because your emotions are so screwy by that time in the morning that any little thing will cause you to laugh uncontrollably. . .

It's also fun to 'push yourself' and see how you do in a heavier game at that hour.  We played Maria one year and it was fun to try and burn brains when we didn't have any brains left.

ChadBoudreau

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2018, 02:04:00 PM »
I had a few people ask so I thought I should post about this....

I won't be running THE THING at this year's 24 Hour to Play Your Food.

I have enjoyed running THE THING and I am deeply touched by people's enthusiasm for the game, but I am going to give it a rest this year. Last year's THE THING was my favourite yet and I'm happy to say I made no changes to the rules after that play. But I've not had time to prepare for this year's event and I'd hate to bring it out in a slapped together fashion.

Lori

• View Profile
  • BGG ID: gaffercat
  • Name: Lori MacKenzie
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2018, 02:08:08 PM »

Dutch Blitz, Happy Salmon or any dexterity game pretty much cements hilarity at that point of the morning.

MikeMcC

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2018, 05:16:18 PM »

Dutch Blitz, Happy Salmon or any dexterity game pretty much cements hilarity at that point of the morning.

Thanks for the suggestions... will the Ambassador kit be there?  I know Dutch Blitz is in the kit.

MikeMcC

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2018, 05:24:20 PM »

There's room in the 4am game of Kremlin. . .

Some ideas for you if you want lighter games:
Tumblin Dice, Time's Up, Social Deduction games

I also find that games that have a comical narrative (like Kremlin. . . ) tend to work well because your emotions are so screwy by that time in the morning that any little thing will cause you to laugh uncontrollably. . .

It's also fun to 'push yourself' and see how you do in a heavier game at that hour.  We played Maria one year and it was fun to try and burn brains when we didn't have any brains left.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I was thinking that something like Secret Hitler might be a good try.  I've played Kremlin once (with you, in fact) and it might be good to try it again but I'm wary of re-learning a game like that at 4am.

tlh878

• View Profile
  • BGG ID: tlh878
  • Name: Tamara H
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2018, 04:59:59 AM »
I will be bringing Dutch Blitz and Escape the Cursed Temple that I think will be good games for that time of morning.
I'm happy to bring out any game I own.  Link to my BGG list Let me know :)