Prairie Game eXpo - Core Ritchie Centre - Saturday, Sept. 29, 2018 (9am) FREE!

Started by ChadBoudreau, July 29, 2018, 03:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bboileau

Ganz Schon Clever (10 - 12) and Jamaica (12 - 2) have been added to the Learn to Play schedule!
Here is my collection, trades, and wishlist on bgg if something should peak your interest!

Dana_Tillusz

Azul Tournament

WHEN: Saturday September 29, 2018
WHERE: Prairie Game eXpo
START TIME: 12:00 PM
DURATION: 120-135 minutes
MAXIMUM PLAYERS: 16

There are 3 rounds to the tournament. They consist of:
- 1 Preliminary Round (4 tables of 4 people)
- 1 Semi Final (2 tables of 4 people)
- 1 Championship Round (1 table of 4 people)

Tournament Format

The Preliminary Round will consist of 4 boards with 4 players. The two highest scoring players of each game will qualify for the Semi-Final Round.

The Semi-Final Round will consist of 2 boards with 4 players. The two highest scoring players of each game will qualify for the Championship Round.

PRIZES: The tournament winner receives a PGX Champion mug.

Time limit: No game will go longer than 45 minutes. Final determination will be based on number of victory points total among games played in a round.

If we do not make our 16 player roster we will make amendments on the fly.
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

Century: Spice Road / Golem Tournament

WHEN: Saturday September 29, 2018
WHERE: Prairie Game eXpo
START TIME: 2:30 PM
DURATION: 120 minutes
MAXIMUM PLAYERS: 16

There are 2 rounds to the tournament. They consist of:
- 1 Preliminary Round (4 tables of 4 people)
- 1 Championship Round (1 table of 4 people)

Tournament Format

The Preliminary Round will consist of 4 boards with 4 players. Players will play 1 game. The winner of each game will qualify for the Championship Round. If the tournament does not have 4 tables, the winner of each game will qualify, plus the highest scoring players will move to the Championship Round as needed.

PRIZES: Tournament winner receives a PGX Champion mug

Time limit: No game will go longer than 60 minutes. Final determination will be based on number of victory points total among games played in a round.

If we do not make our 16 player roster we will make amendments on the fly.

:excited
Snikt!

Jennifer

I'd like to sign up for the Azul tournament and I can bring a copy.

JRobot4

Sign me up for the Century Spice Road tournament, please.  I'll have my copy available from the learn to play.  Thanks!

standstrong4u

Hi.   I can help out.   I can teach a game - maybe Potion Explosion or Sagrada.   I can also help out at the registration table.   I also have some games that I will donate.  Some are in great shape and some are a bit older but still have use.   Anytime slot is fine.   Let me know.

Jennifer

I'll also sign up for the Century Spice Road / Golem tournament. I can bring a copy of Century Spice Road too.

jobau2460

I'd be interested in demoing Kill Team, but I am not sure when I would be around that day yet.

GAME:Warhammer 40k Kill Team
TEACHER: Jonathan Bauche
START TIME: TBA
DURATION:2 hours
# OF PLAYERS: 2 to 4
URL:Warhammer 40k Kill Team

ChadBoudreau

QuoteI'd be interested in demoing Kill Team, but I am not sure when I would be around that day yet.

Would someone need to bring anything to take part in the demo or do you have everything that would be needed, including game mat and terrain?

RTigger

Room for two more in this one

GAME: Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization
TEACHER: RTigger
START TIME: 4 PM
DURATION: 4 hours
# OF PLAYERS: 4
URL: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/182028/through-ages-new-story-civilization

Myself and Craftybernardo are the first two players.