ComicReaders Downtown: Age of Sigmar: Ladder of Command Campaign Discussion

• 69 Replies

jobau2460

• View Profile
Anyone around for a game Wednesday or Thursday? I am pretty open for time as long as it's not too late.

ChadBoudreau

Thanks for the reports, guys.

Cameron C. was the last to sign-up for the ladder campaign and therefore started at the bottom of the ladder. He has now managed to claw his way into third place, which is, in fact, first place since Maeson L and Mike R have not yet played a ladder game and thus are in danger of falling to the bottom of the ladder. Cameron might not be leading in points, but he is ruling the realms with decisive victories! Who is going to knock him off his perch?!

In other news, I played a practice game against my son, using the contents of Soul Wars. We also each took an Endless Spell into battle. We didn't count up points as per General's Handbook. We just fielded it all and gave the rules a run. I had the upperhand early on with points via objectives but his Stormcast Eternals eventually whittled down my Nighthaunts so that by the opening of the 5th turn I knew he could seize all three objectives thus taking our tie game into a victory for him. I conceded, we shook hands, and I was pleased to hear he quite enjoyed the game. (He has played 40K-- Necrons.)  One of things that turned the tide for him was his wizard and a spell that was hitting all enemy units (my units!) within 18 inches. I never managed to deny the spell and though it didn't outright kill a bunch of ghostly dudes it did soften up my leaders before they could get into the fray.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 09:26:12 AM by ChadBoudreau »

Uaanaa

• Get ur fingers outta there
    • View Profile
  • Name: Dustin G
August 5th
dustin g (stormcast) vs Justin S (Pestilens)
Dustin G major objective win
all armies finished, both armies unpainted
Get ur fingers outta there

ColinL.

• View Profile
  • Name: Colin
Game today anyone? Comic readers or other?

Game today

Mike N (Stormcast) vs Cory P (Nighthaunt) Major victory for the dirty stormcast eternals.

Major victory and a mentor game. Fairly certain it was Cory's first. 4-1 for the vp.

Thanks!

Scherban

• View Profile
Game Sunday
Justin (Chaos (skaven)) vs Cameron (legions of nagash) Major victory for Cameron.

Both unpainted and played at highland

My Game today

Justin (Chaos (skaven)) vs jonathan B(Flesh eater courts) Major victory for the skaven hoards(yes-yes!).

Both unpainted and played at comic readers.

Game 8/8

Mike (Stormcast) vs Jonathan B (Flesh Eaters)

Major for the stormcast. The evocators got super lucky and killed some ghouls and a hero in a single round of combat.

Both unpainted and played at comic readers.

Uaanaa

• Get ur fingers outta there
    • View Profile
  • Name: Dustin G
ill be bringing my stormcast list to the highland sunday from 12:00pm -430ish (might stay longer if im in a game) looking for some opponents to play. Would like to rematch Cam but he threw a "maybe" my way. Message me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/thegettle. not picky who my opponents are but i dont have the core rule book, do have the new battletome for stormcast though.

you could also throw me a text at 639-590-3945 as well   :pirate:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 10:28:19 PM by Uaanaa »
Get ur fingers outta there

ChadBoudreau

Thanks for all the reports. I am updating the ladder, points, and game list now.

ChadBoudreau

I am camping with the family from August 12 - 19. Keep reporting games as they happen-- make sure you date the game and provide all the relevant information. I will update the ladder and the points when I return. I will also do the prize draw when I get back because Round 1 ends August 16. You get entered into the draw for every game you played-- it has nothing to do with ladder standings or points standings. I have some narrative fluff prepared to represent the ladder standings at the end of Round 1. The point standings are related to a special event planned for Prairie Game Expo on September 29.

I won't get a game in before the end of Round 1, but I intend to enter the fray in Round 2.