DnD night at Board Game Bistro

Started by swoop_ds, June 10, 2018, 08:25:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swoop_ds

Anyone going to the DnD event tonight at Board Game Bistro?  I'm really toying with the idea of going but haven't decided yet.

I'm also slightly worried that I'll drive in from Strasbourg and find out that the five tables of DnD are all full.

erdrikwolf

I plan on going, and they are listing quite a few people who are interested or attending.  14 going and 114 interested right now.  I would suggest to go early!

swoop_ds

How'd it go?

I arrived at 5:55pm and it was already full :(  - So we went and watched the Solo movie instead.

erdrikwolf

It went ok.  One of the dm's didn't show so our table had 8 players, and another had 7.

It was very loud, so hopefully they will look at spreading it out a bit if they do it again.

Next time if I go I will bring materials to dm in case they need one.

swoop_ds

The funny thing is I had all my DM stuff in the car, so I could have DMed!  Oh well, maybe next time :)

erdrikwolf

Another D&D game day on the 8th of July. 

I will be DMing and can host a group of new people or experienced if anyone wants to play something specific and post they are going.  I am looking to find another couple players for my regular group, so maybe I can meet some new people that are interested.

https://www.facebook.com/events/2112273875693432/

Rosencrantz

My son and a friend both asked me recently about D&D, so I think we are all going to try coming out to this.  None of us have played before.  I just have one question, the time says 3 to 8.  Is that the actual time this will take?  Whether or not I can get away for that full time will likely determine whether I can make it or not. 
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." - Archimedes

erdrikwolf

Hi Ryan,

That is just a recommended timeframe to allow for a few hours of gaming.  If you left partway it would be fine.  If you haven't played before it should be a lot of fun. 

If you are looking for basic information in advance here is a link to the free rules on the D&D site:

http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules

erdrikwolf

Just a reminder of D&D day this afternoon at 3pm!

akaAelius

Why haven't they done more of these if they were so successful?
"If there is doubt, there is no doubt"
~Robert De Niro