Game-apalooza - The Owl - March 10th 11am-1am (come-and-go)

• 5 Replies

chelsealow

• View Profile
Game-apalooza - The Owl - March 10th 11am-1am (come-and-go)
« on: February 22, 2018, 09:58:13 AM »
Dear fellow gamers!

Our first annual Game-apalooza event will take place on Saturday, March 10th at The Owl on the University of Regina campus. Game-apalooza is a student-driven board games event where individuals or teams come, play a variety of board games, and have a good time. Tickets are $25 for the public and this includes a meal at The Owl. The come-and-go event begins at 11:00am and continues until 1:00am - that's not a misprint! It's a full 14 hours of gaming. During the event, there will be various community games, a couple tournaments, a used game auction, door prizes, and announcements of our fund-raising winners. A schedule will be out soon.

This year, our goal is to raise $1000 that will be used to fund Street Culture Project's Pit Stop program: a transitional program for youth ages 15-18 aimed to support youth in acquiring valuable skills to build success in education, employment and independent housing. The Pit Stop program offers youth an opportunity to learn about themselves, acquire valuable life skills, gain work experience, and engage in pro-social activities. In order to meet this goal and ensure this program can continue throughout the summer, we are asking for prizes and participation from local businesses, such as yourself.

You can put a team together or join as an individual and fund-raise (optional) - the team and the individual who raises the most funds win a prize! To purchase tickets, please visit our pic-a-tic page: https://www.picatic.com/gameapalooza

Here is a link to our Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/337366710099994/

We hope to see you out at this event!

Chelsea Low
Community Relations Officer
Campion College
306-501-1714
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 09:59:48 AM by chelsealow »

R Newell

Re: Game-apalooza - The Owl - March 10th 11am-1am (come-and-go)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 10:11:22 AM »
Looks like a fun event, Chelsea!  I co-host a radio show about board games on 91.3 FM CJTR.  I'll make sure to promote your event this Sunday.   :thumb-up

chelsealow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 10:14:02 AM »
That would be so great!! Thank you very much! We would welcome you to live broadcast too if you'd like!

Matt Robertson

• Guinness is Goodness
    • View Profile
    • Detailed Gaming Bio
  • BGG ID: Bixby
  • Name: Matt Robertson
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 03:19:30 PM »
It looks like we have 11 people who have expressed interest in the Twilight Imperium Games. With that in mind I am scheduling two concurrent games of Twilight Imperium IV. There is room for ONE more person if they register and let me know by 7:00pm Sunday, March 4th, 2018.

My KARMA ran over your DOGMA

Matt Robertson

• Guinness is Goodness
    • View Profile
    • Detailed Gaming Bio
  • BGG ID: Bixby
  • Name: Matt Robertson
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 11:55:10 AM »
Last spot taken for TI4. We have 12 players for two full games.
My KARMA ran over your DOGMA

RTigger

• View Profile
    • OfDiceAndMen.ca
  • BGG ID: RTigger
  • Name: Chad McCallum
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 10:05:34 AM »
I'm planning on running a game of Battlestar Galactica starting around 8:30 at game-apalooza - see you there!