Strategy Saturday - Argyle Road Baptist Church - Saturday, March 10, 2018

Started by Allan Luesink, January 07, 2018, 06:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Luesink

-- More info will be posted as this weekend approaches, so be sure to check back here about a week or two prior to the games night. --

*if you would like to volunteer to feature a game for this event, feel free to contact me

Allan Luesink

Hi everyone,

In March I like to have a game that is somehow tied to the theme of Mars. Most years this means that the game is connected to the aspect of the Roman god of war and so has a military theme. However, this year the focus will be on Mars the planet. For those who do enjoy a battle game you can look forward to April when the plan is to play Axis and Allies 50th Anniversary edition (of course you are still welcome bring and play a war-themed game this month as well). But more on March's feature game ....

The Feature Game will be Terraforming Mars. It's a game set 400 years from now when corporations are seeking to alter the very nature of the red planet to allow humanity to sustain itself on a second terra. It is up to you to guide your corporation's contribution in this most monumental project and prove that your organization will have the most influential innovations for the greatest impact on the future of our race. Terraforming Mars is one of the most celebrated games released in 2016 was nominated for a number of awards. Check it out:

Check out this Video Review

!!! If you have a game you'd like to play and draw some attention to, feel free to volunteer for future Feature Game slots. Just drop me a note and I'll see if we can't get your game in the spotlight.

Strategy Saturday will be at Argyle Road Baptist Church (3510 Argyle Rd) from 7pm to midnight.  As usual we'll have our snack counter open so feel free to contribute a drink or something to munch on.  And feel free to bring along friends (and to forward this invite).

Hope you'll be there,

Allan