Prairie Game eXpo - Core Ritchie Centre - Saturday, May 27th, 2017 (9am) FREE!

Started by Dana_Tillusz, February 02, 2017, 09:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChadBoudreau

I am posting to see if any Netrunner players would be interested in playing the Terminal Directive Campaign for Netrunner. I have a volunteer who is ready to oversee the event. It will take approximately 2 hours. Players would, ideally, need their own deck, including Terminal Directive. Nick (the volunteer) would have a copy of Terminal Directive, for demo purposes. If you are interested please reply to this post. If there is enough interest we will post the details. We do have the Terminal Directive organized play kit, which would provide each player with an exclusive promo card.

Ukamoc

zeker

GAME: Fury of Dracula (3rd Edition)
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/181279/fury-dracula-third-edition
TEACHER: Steve (zeker)
START TIME: 4:30pm
DURATION: With all new players learning to play it will be a 180 minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 5
1. Steve (Zeker)

DCStyles

GAME: X-Wing: Star Wars Miniatures - Wave 1 to 3 101 Pt. Tournament
ORGANIZER: Derek Chow
START TIME: 10:00am
DURATION: 6 hours
PLAYERS: 10 player maximum
DETAILS: X-Wing will once again be featured at Prairie Game Expo.  This tournament will follow standard FFG X-Wing tourney rules with some special exceptions.  The player roster limit will be capped at 10 participants.  There will be 4 rounds of swiss played at 75 min. each in length.  We will stop and take a break after the second game for lunch.  To avoid anyone having to sit out in bye rounds, I will only play in the tournament if we have an odd number of entrants, otherwise I will be organizing and running a learn to play station as well.   A prize support kit for the tourney is being generously donated by ComicReaders downtown.  The exceptions to the standard tourney rules are as follows:

Wave 1 to 3 ships only

It is my intention to feature classic Star Wars ships from the original trilogy at this PGX.  Thus only ships from Waves 1 to 3 will be allowed to be fielded.  This means no scum, and a limited roster of Rebel and Imperial ships.  However, ship upgrade cards from any wave will still be legal.  A list of available ships to use are as follows:

Rebel:
T-65 X-Wing
Y-Wing
YT-1300 Freighter (Rebel pilots only, NO Resistance)
A-Wing
B-Wing
HWK-290

Imperial:
TIE Fighter
TIE Advanced
Slave 1 (Imperial pilots only, NO Scum)
TIE Interceptor
TIE Bomber
Lambda-Class Shuttle

101 Point Squads
Ever feel like you designed the perfect squad, only to find out it was 1 point over 100?  Well you won't have to worry about that here.  The squad point limit will be capped at 101 points instead of the standard 100 at this tournament. 

To register for a spot in the tournament please post a reply in this PGX forum or on the Star Wars X-Wing Regina Facebook page (but not both!).  Pre-registration is not necessary to participate, but there is a limit of 10 players.
My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!

SteamPunch

I'll play Fury of Dracula.

Quote from: zeker on May 06, 2017, 01:17:48 PM
GAME: Fury of Dracula (3rd Edition)
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/181279/fury-dracula-third-edition
TEACHER: Steve (zeker)
START TIME: 4:30pm
DURATION: With all new players learning to play it will be a 180 minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 5
1. Steve (Zeker)

DCStyles

My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!

DCStyles

ChadBoudreau

WIN FREE STUFF!
:excited :scrab-p :scrab-r :scrab-i :scrab-z :scrab-e :scrab-s  :excited

To help encourage sign up and attendance, we will be giving away a free game: Pandemic Iberia  :excited

Rules are easy:
1) You must post on this thread to sign up for a game, run a game, or just let us know you're attending.
2) You must attend the event and sign our log book with your SaskGames I.D.

Bonus entry to draw:
1) Schedule a game on the forum with open spots for sign-up.
2) All Volunteers will get a bonus entry (Table registration, Learn to Play, and event set up). We appreciate all the help![/b]

We will randomly determine all winners after the event and let the winner know they've won. We will announce all winners in this forum.

BONUS EARLY BIRD DRAW!!!

We will also be giving away another game, Wits & Wagers.

We will be giving away a copy of Wits & Wagers at 11:00am. To win you must be signed into the log book, and have made a post of this thread saying you're coming out, running a game, or signing up for an event! You must write your SaskGames I.D. in the logbook to qualify.

BONUS RPG DRAW!!!

We will also be giving away an RPG core rulebook Iron Kingdoms Unleashed.

We will be giving away a copy of Iron Kingdoms Unleashed Core Rulebook in the evening. To win you must be signed into the log book, and have made a post of this thread saying you're coming out, running a game, or signing up for an event! You must write your SaskGames I.D. in the logbook to qualify.

ChadBoudreau

MORE FREE STUFF!
:excited :scrab-p :scrab-r :scrab-i :scrab-z :scrab-e :scrab-s  :excited

To help encourage a strong attendance at the onset of Prairie Game Expo, the first 30 people to arrive will receive a "No Cover Charge" voucher from Boards N Beans in Regina.  :excited

ChadBoudreau

The dexterity game Ice Cool will be featured at Prairie Game Expo. This family-friendly game will be set up for most of the day.

Ice Cool is a flicking game in which each round one of the players takes the role of the Hall Monitor (also called "the Catcher") – his aim will be to catch each other penguin and get points for that. The others (also known as "Runners") will try to run through several doors, thus gaining fish (that give them points) on their way. When either the Hall Monitor has caught each other penguin once or any of the others has gone through all 3 doors that have fish on them, the round is over. Each player will take the role of the Hall Monitor once and at the end of the game the winner will be the one with the most points on their fish cards.

Plays 2 - 4 players.
Takes about 30 minutes to play.
Registration is not required.
A great way to start your Prairie Game Expo experience!