Magic the Gathering Casual Play: ComicReaders Downtown April 2016 Schedule

Started by Lareina, March 28, 2016, 10:34:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lareina

Magic the Gathering: Casual Play

DESCRIPTION
An opportunity for players of various skill levels to play in a low stress/non-competitive environment. New players, or people that are interested in learning how to play are welcome. If there is enough interest to learn how to play in a limited format then a sealed will be run with instructions to help out learn skills to help with any future prereleases a player may want to attend.

Each week will have a different format of play, including but not limited to: Commander, Planeschase, Archenemy, etc.

Organizers will have extra decks on hand in case newcomers would like to come and learn how to play but do not possess any cards of their own.

The following formats will be played for the month of April:

Commander is played at least twice a month, for general rules for Commander in regards to deck construction please check this link: http://magic.wizards.com/en/gameinfo/gameplay/formats/commander.

Two-Headed Giant (sealed) is a format for 2 players to form one team and create 2 decks using 8 packs of cards. The fee for this is around $20 for each player to buy 4 packs each. This even is intended as a teaching event and the aim is to help players with learning how to build decks within a limited format. Rules for the format can be found at the following link: http://magic.wizards.com/en/gameinfo/gameplay/formats/twoheadedgiant

(Silly) Stipulation Cube Draft is a way to draft in a stress free way. Drafts typically require a lot of homework of knowing what is in the set but a stipulation will dictate how a player must try to fulfill a set of criteria for a booster pack. Our stipulations are not super serious, some require to look at artwork or a certain type of card. Our cube is not a typical cube either, the cards are from Conspiracy, Modern Masters and Modern Masters 2015.

DATE & TIME
Casual Play for Magic the Gathering will run every Wednesday @ 7pm until after close (it can run until around 10pm as long as a staff member is participating)
April 6th: Commander
April 13th: Two-Headed Giant sealed (around $20 to buy 4 packs of Shadows Over Innistrad, this is intended as a teaching event, there will be no prizes for this event)
April 20: (Silly) Stipulation Cube Draft (Seating is semi limited due to preparation work, please contact Lareina if wanting to attend)
April 27: Commander

COST
Free unless it is a special format to learn how to play in a limited format, cost will be indicated.

EVENT ORGANIZER
Lareina, Chris, Justin

EVENT ATTENDANCE LIMITS
There is no player maximum.

ADDITIONAL DETAILS
While a casual environment, please consult the banned and restricted card list found here

Lareina

We do have some room for our Stipulation Cube Draft this Wednesday, if you are interested, let me know. People that let me know will get priority seating over drop ins because I need to prepare this before hand. I would appreciate a heads up by Tuesday evening, but I can make do with Wednesday afternoon at the absolute latest.