ComicReaders Downtown - Warhammer Fantasy Escalation League - Season 2

• 238 Replies

ChadBoudreau

ComicReaders' Warhammer Fantasy Escalation League 2013 - Season 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT IS Warhammer Fantasy?
Warhammer Fantasy is a tabletop miniature wargame produced by Games Workshop, set in a fantasy universe.

Game Resources
  • More information about ComicReaders Downtown as a venue can be found here.
  • A list of events occuring at ComicReaders Downtwn can be found here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LEAGUE STRUCTURE

Welcome to the ComicReaders’ Warhammer Fantasy Escalation League Season 2!

All months build upon the previous month. You are allowed to change wargear between months but not allowed to decrease number of models from the previous months. You are not allowed to switch out units from the previous months. You are allowed to change magic lore from game to game.

Important: If a player came in the Top 4 in the overall standings (tournament excluded) of the previous season, that player will not be able to play with that particular army. Otherwise there is no restriction to what army can be played as long as it is officially recognized as an army by Games Workshop.

Minimum 8 players for the League to officially start.

Games will start July 1.

ESCALATION DETAILS

Normal army composition will be applied.
First Month (July) : 1000 points
Second Month (August) : +500 points
Third Month (September) : +500 points
Fourth Month (October) : 2500 point tournament* (Army list does not have to be carried over from the Escalation months)

*Note: Top 8 players in the overall Escalation months are granted the tournament slots first. If they do not wish to participate or are unable to participate, the slots will go to the next ranked player.

BATTLE & BONUS POINTS

A Crushing Victory earns you 4 battle points, a Normal Victory 3 battle points, a Draw 2, Normal Loss 1, and a Crushing Loss 0.

There are a number of ways to earn and lose bonus points over the course of the league...

‘Artisan’ - Any game played with a fully painted army earns a bonus +1 point
‘Home Turf'- Played a game at ComicReaders Downtown +2 points per game
‘Specter of Death’ – Undefeated, not counting draws within the month  + 2 points (minimum 2 games played)
'Slayer of Kings'  - Defeats a ‘Specter of Death’ from previous month + 1 Point per
‘Fools Rush In’ - Games played with unfinished miniatures  – 1 point per game
'Idle Hands' - A player that does not participate in a calendar month: Player points reset
‘Herald of Chaos’ - Players with abnormally low sportsmanship scores and / or complaints regarding his or her conduct within the month: Suspension*

*Multiple occurrences of this particular infraction will result in expulsion from this League, and possibly the ineligibility to participate in other future events held at ComicReaders Downtown.

PRIZES

Prizes will be given to the top player(s) at the end of each Escalation month. Prizes are provided by ComicReaders Downtown, details of the prize support will be given to the winner(s) of each month.

Month points are reset at the end of each month to let newcomers have a chance of getting monthly prizes. Overall standings only affect entry into the tournament.
At least one game per month must be played in ComicReaders Downtown in order to be eligible for prizes.

GAME SCHEDULE / GAME PLAY / REPORTING

All games must be played using the pitched battle selection from the rule book (pg 141), chosen randomly as per normal.

1000 point games are played on 4’x4’ tables. All other games are played on 4’x6’ tables.

Games are no longer required to be played exclusively at ComicReaders, however in order to be eligible for monthly prizes, at least one game per month must be played at ComicReaders. This will not affect a player’s ability to be in the Top 8 for the tournament.

There is no maximum number of games, but you can only play a player once per month to count for points.

Report wins and losses to ComicReaders Downtown staff at the end of the game, either in person or via email. Games reported only through the forums will not be counted due to message clutter.

We no longer be require players to fill out the Sportsmanship Criteria cards, but this does not mean we will not be monitoring conduct. Please refer to the general Code of Conduct expected of players: http://forums.saskgames.com/index.php?topic=794.0

The store is generally not available: Friday nights and Saturdays due to other events in the store. Please call ComicReaders to see if there is any room in the store. Please use the Sask Games Forums (http://forums.saskgames.com/index.php?board=4.0) to find out if there are major events happening in order to help you schedule matches against other players in the League. Go to the Leagues section (http://forums.saskgames.com/index.php?board=85.0) to help contact other players in the League, or get contact information from the store.

WANT TO PLAY IN THE LEAGUE?

Contact ComicReaders Downtown via email (readers2@sasktel.net), phone (779-0900) or in-person at the store. We will need your first and last name, phone number and (optionally) email address.

THANKS

This League would not be possible without the dedication of ComicReaders' staff, in particular... Lareina.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 12:05:46 AM by ChadBoudreau »

Lareina

Season 1.5 Top 4
  • Chris S - Ogres
  • Mike L - Ogres
  • Robert P - Beastmen
  • Justin G - Orcs and Goblins

Season 2 roster as of July 27
  • Lareina C (Lareina) - Bretonnia
  • Chris S (Yolanka) - Vampire Counts
  • Mark K (Mark) - Warriors of Chaos
  • Barcley L (KingLlama) - Vampire Counts
  • Maeson L (Prince of Arnheim) - Skaven
  • Allan L (Allan Luesink) - High Elves
  • Robert P (RobertP) - Empire
  • Justin G (Gallagher) - Bretonnia
  • Mike L (Mike.L) - Daemons of Chaos
  • Nathan S (Nathans) - High Elves
  • Devin B (DevinB) - Warriors of Chaos
  • Neil G (NSGossy) - Orcs & Goblins
  • Dean D (Dean Dodge) - Lizardmen

Current overall Top 8: Tournament October 20th
http://forums.saskgames.com/index.php?topic=2985.0
Maeson (confirmed for tournament)
Chris (confirmed for tournament)
Nathan (confirmed for tournament)
Devin (confirmed for tournament)
Allan (confirmed for tournament)
Robert (confirmed for tournament)
Mark (confirmed for tournament)
Justin (confirmed for tournament)

Games Played as of Sept 30th:
[Date: Player 1 (painted if applicable) vs Player 2 (painted if applicable) - result - location]
July 5th: Maeson (painted) vs Devin - Maeson crushing victory - in store
July 9th: Maeson (painted) vs Nathan - Maeson crushing victory - in store
July 13th: Mike (painted) vs Nathan - Mike crushing victory - not in store
July 20th: Chris vs Mark (incomplete) - Chris crushing victory - in store
July 23rd: Neil (incomplete) vs Devin - Devin victory - in store
July 23rd: Robert (painted) vs Nathan - Nathan victory - in store
July 27th: Allan (painted) vs Mark (incomplete) - Allan crushing victory - in store
July 27th: Allan (painted) vs Nathan - Allan crushing victory - not in store
July 28th: Mark (painted) vs Maeson (painted) - draw - in store
July 28th: Mark (painted) vs Mike (painted) - Mark victory - in store
July 29th: Chris vs Nathan - draw - in store
July 29th: Chris vs Lareina (incomplete) - Chris crushing victory - in store
July 29th: Justin (incomplete) vs Lareina (incomplete) - Justin crushing victory - not in store
July 29th: Lareina (incomplete) vs Robert (painted) - Lareina crushing victory - not in store
July 29th: Chris vs Justin (incomplete) - Justin victory - not in store
July 29th: Chris vs Robert (painted) - Robert crushing victory - not in store
July 31st: Chris vs Barcley (painted) - Chris victory - in store
Aug 4th: Maeson (painted) vs Nathan - Nathan crushing victory - in store
Aug 8th: Barcley (painted) vs Maeson (painted)- Maeson victory - in store
Aug 9th: Allan (painted) vs Justin (incomplete) - Allan crushing victory - not in store
Aug 15th: Allan (painted) vs Maeson (painted) - Maeson victory - in store
Aug 21st: Chris vs Maeson (painted) - draw - in store
Aug 26th: Maeson (painted) vs Robert (painted) - Maeson victory - in store
Aug 28th: Chris vs Mark (incomplete) - Mark crushing victory - in store
Aug 28th: Devin vs Maeson (painted) - Maeson victory - in store
Aug 29th: Chris vs Nathan - draw - in store
Aug 31st: Chris vs Devin - Devin crushing victory - in store
Sept 5th: Maeson (painted) vs Nathan - Nathan crushing victory - in store
Sept 6th: Maeson (painted) vs Robert (painted) - Maeson victory - in store
Sept 11th: Mark vs Maeson (painted) - Maeson crushing victory - in store
Sept 13th: Maeson (painted) vs Devin - Devin victory - in store
Sept 17th: Chris vs Devin - Chris crushing victory - in store
Sept 18th: Chris vs Mark (painted) -Chris crushing victory - in store
Sept 20th: Nathan vs Robert (painted) - Robert crushing victory - in store
Sept 20th: Devin vs Nathan - Nathan crushing victory - in store
Sept 22nd: Chris vs Robert (painted) - Chris victory - not in store
Sept 28th: Allan (painted) vs Maeson (painted) - draw - in store
Sept 29th: Chris vs Lareina - Chris victory - not in store
Sept 29th: Devin vs Robert (painted) - Devin crushing victory - not in store
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 03:13:08 PM by Lareina »

Lareina

League FAQ as of July 20

Am I allowed to change wargear month to month?

Yes

Am I allowed to change Magic Lore from game to game?
Yes

Are Lord/Hero mounts considered wargear?
Yes

What is considered wargear?
Any unit options are considered as wargear, example: mounts, command, marks, etc

Why is the tournament only Top 8 players in the League?
8 is a much nicer number to work with than say, 6 or 10. If we can get a super big league turnout and all members are fairly active then we could hold one giant tournament, but for now this is hopefully encouraging everyone to play. There are still monthly prizes to be had!

Do I need to keep the same roster for the tournament as I used in the escalation months?
No, but you are required to keep the same army.

Why didn't I get any prizes for month x? I was the top player!
Did you play at least one game at ComicReaders for that month? If no, then you are not eligible for monthly prizes. If yes, then it's extremely important to make sure staff records that you played in the store.

Why is a game result not listed for me?
Did you play in the store? Then please report to staff. Did you play outside of the store? Then please email: readers2@sasktel.net with your results, results posted only on the forums may not be counted due to it being lost in the flood of messages.

Why am I missing some bonuses?
Did you report your results along with any bonuses? Please be honest when reporting.

Since we don't have to fill out the Sportsmanship Criteria cards, how can I indicate I have a problem with so and so's conduct?
This shouldn't be a problem because we're all mature adults, right? We will monitor closely to what is posted publicly on the forums for any disorderly behaviour. We do not recommend sending a PM to Lareina or Chad because it is sometimes hard to iterate a point clearly through text. We recommend you talk to either one of them in person.

What does 'unfinished miniatures' mean?
It is only in regards to missing parts, you are allowed to play with unpainted miniatures without penalty.

What do you considered as "painted"?
At it's core, being considered painted is 3 distinct colours on each model.

I don't like my army, can I change to a different one? Or I have a bad case of shiny new army syndrome, that army just got updated, can I play that one instead?
Sure you can, for a price, your overall points get reset, which may hurt your chances of getting into the month 4 tournament.

Uh oh, my army just got updated, what do I do?
You do need to get the new book and play with it, no penalties will be incurred, it is recommended to keep your revised army as close as possible to the original, but sometimes that can't be done due to point changes. Try your best to make it work. If you wish to change armies, see the above question for the answer.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 08:27:32 PM by Lareina »

squalie

• View Profile
I'm in!  Have to decide army.

Lareina

Be prepared for the pony rush! I'm bringing out Bretonnia :D

squalie

• View Profile

A glutton for punishment, huh?   :)

Lareina

A glutton for punishment, huh?   :)

Playing for the love of the game rather than to just win  :neener but yes I expect to have the opposite record than what I had with Dark Elves because I'm restricting myself to a theme, but what a glorious theme it will be.

KingLlama

• View Profile
I'll play

undecided what I want to play though

Vampires maybe ?

Mark

• View Profile
I am in with Warriors of Chaos, pledging allegiance to no specific god(blended force)

Lareina

I'll play

undecided what I want to play though

Vampires maybe ?
You have awhile to decide Barcley :)

I am in with Warriors of Chaos, pledging allegiance to no specific god(blended force)
Sounds good Mark!