What games would you like to see at ChewsDay Challenge?

Started by Dana_Tillusz, January 30, 2013, 04:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JemLee

Quote from: BellaJoy on February 22, 2015, 04:36:52 PM
I would love to play a lot of these games but they start so late (I have to be up at 5am the next morning).....I would love to play Dead of Winter or something like Kings of New York at 6:30 or 7:30. Could someone host something like that?

This is an excellent point. It would be wonderful if some of the more involved / lengthy setup games had a 6:30 or 7pm (instead of 8:30pm or later as recently has been the habit) start so old farts like me with an early curfew, because of early wakeup, could enjoy them too without having to leave early due the late hour of the evening. :D
Cheers,
Jemmer

R Newell

Some (not all) games that are lengthy and have an involved setup also take up a lot of table space.  Those games often have a later start time because we have increased access to tables after the supper rush, which better accommodates games that have a big footprint.  In the past, that wasn't really necessary, but the attendance has grown enough to require those restrictions when it comes to scheduling games.

Quote from: JemLee on February 22, 2015, 04:42:08 PM
Quote from: BellaJoy on February 22, 2015, 04:36:52 PM
I would love to play a lot of these games but they start so late (I have to be up at 5am the next morning).....I would love to play Dead of Winter or something like Kings of New York at 6:30 or 7:30. Could someone host something like that?

This is an excellent point. It would be wonderful if some of the more involved / lengthy setup games had a 6:30 or 7pm (instead of 8:30pm or later as recently has been the habit) start so old farts like me with an early curfew, because of early wakeup, could enjoy them too without having to leave early due the late hour of the evening. :D

JemLee

I suspected there was a reason. That makes sense. thanks for clarifying. :)
Cheers,
Jemmer

BellaJoy

Yes. Thank you so much for clarifying that, it makes sense.

DCStyles

Quote from: RTigger on February 22, 2015, 09:54:32 AM
I could run a game of dead of winter instead of space cadets since no one seems to want to join that... would you be down for a 8:30 start?

I actually scheduled a game of Stone Age for 8:30 already, but if no one signs up for it I'd love to play Dead of Winter.  I'd also be interested in playing it March 3rd instead if you're able to make it out and that time works. 
My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!

silent_rob

I've been thinking about picking up Letters from Whitechapel but have never played it before. Would anyone be interested in bringing it out to teach, one Tuesday?
Speaking of hidden movement games, I've also been interested in playing Fury of Dracula, if that's a possibility (I know it's out of print). Though it may be a little long for Chewsdays. Also I've never played it, before, and I'm not sure if it's easily teachable or not.

And there are also a couple of other older, OOP games that I've been wanting to try: El Grande and Mission: Red Planet (though both are apparently getting re-prints). If anyone has them and would be willing to bring them out that would be awesome.

R Newell

I'll bring El Grande out sometime soon.  Perhaps Fury of Dracula sometime soon, as well.

RTigger

Would love to play letters from whitechapel as well!

Re: early start thread, I often can't get away until the kids are in bed, so 8 is often the earliest I can get down to BPS unfortunately.

silent_rob

Quote from: R Newell on March 02, 2015, 01:39:17 PM
I'll bring El Grande out sometime soon.  Perhaps Fury of Dracula sometime soon, as well.

Excellent - sounds great. I'd be up for playing either any night except next week (I'm already signed-up for Alchemists and it sounds like that's going to take the majority of the night).

Cordawg

I would also like to see letters from whitechappel come out I wanted to play it