Saskatchewan Gaming Community

Linked Events

• Tramp's: Flames of War->AIW Demonstration Team Game (Operation Red She: June 03, 2017

Author Topic: Flames of War: AIW Demonstration Team Game - Tramp's - June 3rd 2017  (Read 686 times)

Offline Lance

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
Demonstration Team Game - Operation Red Sheet (AIW = Arab - Israeli Wars)
♠ June 3rd @ Noon - 16:30
• Tramp's Comics & Games (1828 Scarth Street)
♥ 2000 Arab-Israeli points per player
50th Anniversary of 6 Day War

For a full list of events please check out:

http://forums.saskgames.com/index.php?topic=6177.0
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 08:04:01 AM by Lance »

Offline Lance

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
If the AIW lists are updated this will be a V4 event otherwise it will be a V3

Offline Lance

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
Flames of War Demo – Operation Red Sheet!
June 3rd, 2017
By Lance Mathew

After the Team Yankee Tournament I turned to the AIW (Arab – Israeli War) group of us and said, “See you next weekend!” To which they replied, “Ummm – why?” At which point I got a little worried as that was not quite the answer I expected. I replied in kind, “Operation Red Sheet – the big game that was planned out almost a year ago – that one?” “Oh…ummm --> I have work, I have to man a charity booth, and I have to spend time with the girlfriend.” Now, life is like that from time to time so I considered cancelling the event but I figured the FoW Regina Rifles are a pretty big group and I asked to borrow the guys AIW armies to provide the necessary fodder for the event; to which everyone agreed. So after a couple of days I secured Alex and finally almost at the eleventh hour Sean F. also volunteered for the war in the desert!

Jace and I arrived early on Saturday and set the table up in a “T” shape which I figured would be different from the norm. We also sprinkled oasis and desert terrain throughout the table giving it an interesting feel compared to most other Flames of War games. By, the time Alex and Sean showed up Jace and I had already broken for lunch and returned to Tramp’s ready for the big game.

Alex new to AIW selected the IDF (Israeli Defense Force) that my son usually plays. Seemed pretty straight forward to him as he normally plays Americans against his dad who plays Germans – the Israelis have both rules sets. Sean, also new to AIW selected my Jordanians who are akin to the British Sean normally plays (the Jordanians were trained by the British and have several rulesets that make them similar). Jace retained his massive UAR (United Arab Republic) list and I used a loaned IDF list from Kyle. 

The game was a rough one from the start as the IDF had to remain within 4” of objectives to get a point and with small amount of platoons they were at a huge disadvantage to go forward and get any more points. Nevertheless, Alex and I sent out our Mechanized infantry to capture the middle objectives. I was able to lock one down but Alex was rebuffed by Sean who had doubled his Mechanized platoon. Alex, Sean, and Jace began to duel for that middle objective and with so many tanks and infantry Alex was at a huge disadvantage so it was no real surprise when he crumbled and his relief forces also were scattered to the desert wind. I had even sent in a platoon of Sho’ts (up gunned Centurions) to offer support but they were also brewed up. My forces were able to maintain company morale but only because my platoons were only two tank teams strong which is not very effective for sallying forth. In the end Alex’s Company was completely decimated and we called it. However, it had been a close game with the Arabs only winning by a few points (platoon kills).

If you would like a demo game or to challenge -> please e-mail cigamnogard@sasktel.net
I am willing to play any era – just name a time and place!

Copyright © SaskGames (Established in 2010)