Saskatchewan Gaming Community

Author Topic: Warhammer 40: Shadow War Campaign: ComicReaders Downtown: Discussion  (Read 5951 times)

Offline Malachi

• View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40: Shadow War Campaign: ComicReaders Downtown: Discussion
« Reply #130 on: August 30, 2017, 10:05:31 AM »
I am free in the afternoon most days.

Ok, let's play tomorrow afternoon (Thursday) around 3pm.  That good for you?

Offline jobau2460

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 30, 2017, 12:23:29 PM »
I am free in the afternoon most days.

Ok, let's play tomorrow afternoon (Thursday) around 3pm.  That good for you?

I will need to get to work by 5, so I would leave around 4:30 ish, but that should be enough time for a game.

Offline Malachi

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 30, 2017, 12:39:21 PM »
I will need to get to work by 5, so I would leave around 4:30 ish, but that should be enough time for a game.
Sounds good.

Offline Malachi

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 05, 2017, 03:18:19 PM »
Jonathan and I had a great game last Thursday playing the final scenario!  We had crazy swing-y dice on both sides, with a lot of hilarious 1's being rolled.  Right from the start, Jon rolled on the "Promethium Sprawl" table and got the one where any model goes Down on a 1 after they Run or Charge - this very much defined/influence how things went.

Having learned from last game how brutal Tyranid Warriors are if you get close, my Space Wolf scouts played much more cagey, taking up good positions and waiting for the approach of the Tyranids.  I managed to take off a few Wounds as they closed in, but didn't take anybody Down until they closed to within Tyranid weapon range and everything got crazy.  Jon lost a Warrior early to the "slick" (which hurts when they are 3 Wounds), and then we both started laying into each other with guns.  As I said we had crazy dice swings - sometimes he would fail to land a Wound with 6 shots hitting on 4's and Wounding on 2's.  Other times I would fail to land a Wound hitting on 2's and Wounding on 2's.  I had three guys go Down and then roll 1's for Recovery later, getting back up with Flesh Wounds.

Ultimately, the dogged persistence and unbelievable resiliency of the Space Wolves won out, with the Ghosts of Asaheim wiping out the Tyranid Warriors and capturing the Astropath, though at the cost of the team Leader who did not recover from his final Fall when he charged the last Downed Tyranid Warrior.  Sad.

Jonathan and I had a super fun game, with lots of laughs.

Offline jobau2460

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 06, 2017, 08:18:52 PM »
Jonathan and I had a great game last Thursday playing the final scenario!  We had crazy swing-y dice on both sides, with a lot of hilarious 1's being rolled.  Right from the start, Jon rolled on the "Promethium Sprawl" table and got the one where any model goes Down on a 1 after they Run or Charge - this very much defined/influence how things went.

Having learned from last game how brutal Tyranid Warriors are if you get close, my Space Wolf scouts played much more cagey, taking up good positions and waiting for the approach of the Tyranids.  I managed to take off a few Wounds as they closed in, but didn't take anybody Down until they closed to within Tyranid weapon range and everything got crazy.  Jon lost a Warrior early to the "slick" (which hurts when they are 3 Wounds), and then we both started laying into each other with guns.  As I said we had crazy dice swings - sometimes he would fail to land a Wound with 6 shots hitting on 4's and Wounding on 2's.  Other times I would fail to land a Wound hitting on 2's and Wounding on 2's.  I had three guys go Down and then roll 1's for Recovery later, getting back up with Flesh Wounds.

Ultimately, the dogged persistence and unbelievable resiliency of the Space Wolves won out, with the Ghosts of Asaheim wiping out the Tyranid Warriors and capturing the Astropath, though at the cost of the team Leader who did not recover from his final Fall when he charged the last Downed Tyranid Warrior.  Sad.

Jonathan and I had a super fun game, with lots of laughs.

It was a fun time, I felt it embodied the spirit of the game nicely. It does have some silly rules, but they end up creating interesting narrative or the game.

Skills for days!

Thanks for the game!

Offline ColinL.

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 13, 2017, 02:01:54 AM »
Thanks everyone that played and came out. I had a blast !

Offline jobau2460

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 13, 2017, 05:48:13 PM »
I would play again, maybe change up my faction. Thanks for playing everyone!

Copyright © SaskGames (Established in 2010)