Saskatchewan Gaming Community

Linked Events

• Adult Science Night Dec 14 Star Wars: December 14, 2017

Author Topic: Adult Science Night Dec 14  (Read 61 times)

Offline Bryce Robinson

• Elite Member
  • AKA Bryce, Him, That Guy, What's his name.
    • View Profile
    • about.me
  • BGG ID: brycrbnsn
Adult Science Night Dec 14
« on: December 04, 2017, 05:28:20 PM »

Adult Science Night - Saskatchewan Science Centre This months theme Twinkling and Tinkering.

If your holidays are all about twinkling stars and home made creations, then this month’s Adult Science Night is for you. Let's do some sparkling science!

Activities:
Star Lab (7:30, 8:00. 8:30, 9:00 and 9:30)
        Star gaze from the warm indoors in our digital, inflatable planetarium! Space is limited (ha!), so sign up for a time when you arrive. Spots will be filled on a first come, first served basis.

The Rock and Mineral Club (7:30pm-9pm)
        Explore fluorescent and phosphorescent rocks with UV lamps! Get glowing.

The Royal Astronomical Society (weather permitting)
        What's that thing on our roof, you wonder. It's an observatory! The Royal Astronomical Society volunteers will open the dome and show you some amazing things with their high powered telescope as long as the night is clear.

Constellation Circuit Art
        Make some circuit art to take home with you! Maybe give it to your Mom for Christmas. She'll think it's just beautiful.

Snow Globes
        Make your own mini sparkling world to take home!

The Tinkering Tree
        Help us decorate our tinkering tree with bubbling baubles, DNA double helix paper chains, hacked strings of lights, and whatever else you can come up with! Don't forget to take a photo with it and tag us.

Adult Science Nights are the Saskatchewan Science Centre – only for those 19+! Enjoy more advanced programming, a licensed bar and snacks, and all the science fun you can handle.

These are licensed events, only those 19 years of age and older are able to attend.

Volunteers from SaskGames will also be on-hand to lead visitors in playing fun board games based on the night's theme! Come out and try a new board game!

On Adult Science Nights, the Science Centre opens the doors just for those 19 and over from 7pm to 10pm. Enjoy more advanced programming and stage shows, a licensed bar and snacks, and the company of your friends. Or, come alone and meet new people!

Adult Nights at the Science Centre are considered special events and have an admission charge of $12 per person. Each night focuses on a different theme and has all-new experiments and activities to enjoy.

DATE & TIME
Thursday, Dec 14, 2017 from 7pm - 10pm

Venue Information: Adult Science Night Info

COST
$12 (Free for Volunteers)

EVENT ORGANIZER
Saskatchewan Science Centre

EVENT ATTENDANCE LIMITS
No limit on seating for this event, but this is intended for adults (19 and over).

ADDITIONAL DETAILS
Food and beverages are available.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 08:26:00 PM by Bryce Robinson »
I take requests. See my collection here. http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/brycrbnsn

Offline Bryce Robinson

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • about.me
Re: Adult Science Night Dec 14
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 03:38:37 PM »
Just so you are all aware the next ASN is still happening but they don't need SaskGames to be there.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 03:46:24 PM by Lori »
I take requests. See my collection here. http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/brycrbnsn

Offline PhotoJim

• Jim MacKenzie
    • View Profile
  • BGG ID: PhotoJim
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 05:36:17 PM »
Just so you are all aware the next ASN is still happening but they don't need SaskGames to be there.

Is that a one-time thing, or is that going forward?
Avidly gaming since 1972.

Offline Bryce Robinson

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • about.me
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 05:55:11 PM »
It was an issue where they are anticipating a large crowd because of the new star wars movie premiering that night.

Copyright © SaskGames (Established in 2010)