Saskatchewan Gaming Community

Linked Events

• Adult Science Night: #TBTScienceFair: May 25, 2017

Author Topic: Adult Science Night: #TBTScienceFair - Sask Science Centre - May 25, 2017  (Read 228 times)

Offline Bryce Robinson

• Elite Member
  • AKA Bryce, Him, That Guy, What's his name.
    • View Profile
    • about.me
  • BGG ID: brycrbnsn

Adult Science Night - Saskatchewan Science Centre  #TBTScienceFair

In honour of the Canada Wide Science Fair being held in Regina this year, we are throwing back to the classic science fair experiments.

Volunteers from SaskGames will also be on-hand to lead visitors in playing fun board games based on the night's theme! Come out and try a new board game!

On Adult Science Nights, the Science Centre opens the doors just for those 19 and over from 7pm to 10pm. Enjoy more advanced programming and stage shows, a licensed bar and snacks, and the company of your friends. Or, come alone and meet new people!

Adult Nights at the Science Centre are considered special events and have an admission charge of $10 per person. Each night focuses on a different theme and has all-new experiments and activities to enjoy.

DATE & TIME
Thursday, May 25th, 2016 from 7pm - 10pm

Venue Information: Adult Science Night Info

COST
$10 (Free for Volunteers)

EVENT ORGANIZER
Saskatchewan Science Centre

EVENT ATTENDANCE LIMITS
No limit on seating for this event, but this is intended for adults (19 and over).

ADDITIONAL DETAILS
Food and beverages are available.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 03:54:05 PM by bboileau »
I take requests. See my collection here. http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/brycrbnsn

Offline WDBrown

• Darrell Brown
    • View Profile
I'll be there. Not sure if we have any games that fit the theme but I'll come up with something.
I don't tell you how to tell me what to do so don't you tell me how to do what you told me to do.
---Bender

Offline R Newell

Maybe you guys could focus on just the throwbacks part and bring older classic games?  (I'm thinking stuff like Dutch Blitz.)

Offline WDBrown

• Darrell Brown
    • View Profile
Our collection is fairly recent but I'm sure someone could lend us some older games to learn ahead of time.
I don't tell you how to tell me what to do so don't you tell me how to do what you told me to do.
---Bender

Offline MikeMcC

• Mike McCallion
    • View Profile
I should be there.  As for the theme, I don't have any older games (does '50s Monopoly count?) but I'm old enough to be 'throwback' all by myself.

Offline ChadBoudreau

• Pillar of the Site
    • View Profile
    • Writing Portfolio and Production Blog
A volcano is a classic science fair project. You could play Downfall of Pompeii.
Happier than ever.

Offline PhotoJim

• Jim MacKenzie
    • View Profile
  • BGG ID: PhotoJim
Pit and Milles Bornes might be suitable too.  Both are from about the 1920s/30s and have pretty short play times.

Acquire would be terrific but it's about an hour, probably too long for here.
Avidly gaming since 1972.

Copyright © SaskGames (Established in 2010)