Saskatchewan Gaming Community

Author Topic: ComicReaders Downtown - Warhammer 40k Escalation League - Season 6 Discussion  (Read 7676 times)

Offline Lareina

Overall Top 8 Please Confirm for Tournament:
  • Anthony R - 133 - Confirmed
  • Kyle U - 130  - Confirmed
  • Chris F - 115 - Confirmed
  • Casey S - 98 - Confirmed
  • Maeson L - 96 - Confirmed
  • Mark R - 74 - Confirmed
  • Sean H
  • Colin L

If you could please let me know if you can make it to the tournament by May 22nd that would be swell, just so then I can try to get replacements if needed.

I know I still haven't posted anything for the tournament (sorry), but there will be at least 1 mission with the Tactical Objective cards in use, so if you're not used to using the cards, then get used to them :P

Also, the winners of this last month's draw: Kyle, Chris F, and Colin. Your prize will be in my file when I get to work later this afternoon,
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 10:20:09 PM by Lareina »

Online Prince of Arnheim

• Elite Member
    • Maeson Livingston
    • View Profile
I'm in for the 27th.
The burning of a thousand sons will cease in the light.

Offline TalonIX

• Mark
    • View Profile
I am also in for the 27th.

Offline Mike.L

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
With the league officially over - just wanted to pass on a thanks to everyone.

I've never been totally ignored by a whole League before for a whole month. And it seems despite my best efforts to arrange and look for a match - Nobody responded or showed. I'd also like to thank everyone for not showing up to the apocalypse game I tried to organize. Saved me the trouble of hauling out terrain and an army - my back appreciates it.

My daughter also appreciates the lack of games. It was clearly a mistake to think that a escalation League intended to develop and introduce new players would actually do so. Instead she was ignored, and not given the chance to play. But considering the ridiculous armies in play - that's a good thing. She didn't have the money (nor did I) to purchase the super units needed to professionally compete. I shouldn't gripe, this is very plainly a case of a minor league guy trying to break into the big leagues. And as we are not part of the clique - it makes sense.

This amazing month simply helped confirm my choice to drop 40k like the overcosted bloated hot rock it is, and to avoid further leagues of any kind.

This community is obviously one of a kind. Best of luck to those in the tournament. May GW forever ownn your wallets.

Cheers.

Offline Lareina

With the league officially over - just wanted to pass on a thanks to everyone.

I've never been totally ignored by a whole League before for a whole month. And it seems despite my best efforts to arrange and look for a match - Nobody responded or showed. I'd also like to thank everyone for not showing up to the apocalypse game I tried to organize. Saved me the trouble of hauling out terrain and an army - my back appreciates it.

My daughter also appreciates the lack of games. It was clearly a mistake to think that a escalation League intended to develop and introduce new players would actually do so. Instead she was ignored, and not given the chance to play. But considering the ridiculous armies in play - that's a good thing. She didn't have the money (nor did I) to purchase the super units needed to professionally compete. I shouldn't gripe, this is very plainly a case of a minor league guy trying to break into the big leagues. And as we are not part of the clique - it makes sense.

This amazing month simply helped confirm my choice to drop 40k like the overcosted bloated hot rock it is, and to avoid further leagues of any kind.

This community is obviously one of a kind. Best of luck to those in the tournament. May GW forever ownn your wallets.

Cheers.

I'm sorry that you had a horrible month of trying to get games in, but in comparison to the other months in the league, there were considerably a lot less games played. I know someone that was in the middle of moving, someone was preparing for his wedding, I myself had a lot of extra things outside of gaming that I had to tend to which meant I could only play at the last minute.

Offline Casey

• View Profile
Mark me down as confirmed - would also like to say I appreciate Lareina and the store running this league for us. I think you guys do a fantastic job and I always have a lot of fun playing each season.

I know this one is ending soon but I would put my vote in for something to be running after 8th edition launches. I know a lot of people are excited for 8th and a place to organize games would be great as well.

Offline Lareina

I know this one is ending soon but I would put my vote in for something to be running after 8th edition launches. I know a lot of people are excited for 8th and a place to organize games would be great as well.

Chad -might- be running a Shadow War campaign, I'll see what his thoughts are, but I can probably start running something in July or August as a warm up for next season :)

Offline ColinL.

• View Profile
im down for both. And Casey if you want a match next week ill throw down a match with ya

Offline Scherban

• View Profile
Sadly won't be making it, I have other arrangements that day :( was looking forward the bringing out some genecultists to the event.

Offline Lareina

Sadly won't be making it, I have other arrangements that day :( was looking forward the bringing out some genecultists to the event.

Aw that's too bad :(

Edit: Chris G gets the next spot in the tournament, if he can't make it, then I'll go down the list.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 02:36:13 PM by Lareina »

Copyright © SaskGames (Established in 2010)