Saskatchewan Gaming Community

Linked Events

• Tramp's: Flames of War Arab-Israeli Wars Demo: July 05, 2017

Author Topic: Flames of War Demo: AIW (Arab-Israeli Wars) - Tramp's - Evening of July 5th 2017  (Read 571 times)

Offline Lance

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
Demo: AIW (Arab-Israeli Wars)
♠ July 5th @ 1815 (615pm) - 2015 (815pm)
• Tramp's Comics & Games (1828 Scarth Street)
♥ 1,000 point World War I armies will be provided by the Flames of War Regina Rifles
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 09:58:33 AM by Lance »

Offline Lance

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
For a full list of events please check out:

http://forums.saskgames.com/index.php?topic=6177.0

Offline Lance

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
If the AIW lists are updated this will be a V4 event otherwise it will be a V3

Offline Lance

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
This Demo will be done as a TY ruleset

Offline Lance

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
Flames of War Demo – AIW (Arab/Israeli Wars)!
July 5th, 2017
By Lance Mathew

On the first Wednesday of July we had a dry heat of 36˚ a perfect for an AIW Demo! The ‘word’ on the FoW (Flames of War) forums is that the AIW era will be transitioning to the TY (Team Yankee/WWIII) rule set. So, with an IDF (Israeli Defense Force) and a Jordanian army I set off to Tramp’s with a large slurpee to do a TY/AIW Demo.

I waited for a bit before I posted some pictures on the FoW Regina Rifles Facebook page; hoping to draw attention to the demo. I saw from the Facebook page that there were quite a few interested and last month at the demo Mark had arrived late but said he would be there/here for this demo.  After a bit – Jason (Alex’s dad) said he had a free evening so would be down to give the AIW era a test run. When he arrived he let me know that Alex was keen on getting an IDF list as soon as his Americans were complete – which was only a few models away. Alex had been so impressed with the AIW era that his final school report of the year –‘ teach the teacher’ – was on the Six Day War!

In version three I think the IDF is slightly over pointed so giving them the normal German and British special rules I think they are now bang on allowing them to do two movement orders if successful on the first.  Jason went with the Jordanian force and I went with the ‘modified’ IDF. However, my dice rolling was abysmal while Jason’s was average to very good. In the opening turns of the game I lost an entire platoon of IShermans plus my company commander with only one destroyed and two bailed out. It was pretty much game right there with Jason already having the numerical advantage prior to my losses. But, we played it out and Jason got to experience the TY rule set while giving me a good thrashing – a win win for him!

And directed at you, as the reader, – if you would like a demo game or to challenge when a time is good for you –> please e-mail cigamnogard@sasktel.net or show up on the evening of the first Wednesday of the month at Tramp’s Comics & Games. Also, we have a large Facebook group: FoW Regina Rifles please check us out there!

Post script – our next tournament is an Early World War II style – entitled ‘Rumble in July’ on July 22nd at Tramp’s Comics and Games – come on down and see all the action.

Copyright © SaskGames (Established in 2010)